It's TUSAL Day!
(For those not familiar, click on the word TUSAL above or the link to the right.)
Hello friends! Here we are at TUSAL day again. I have to admit there hasn't been much new in the way of stitching happening in my world since our last TUSAL check-in. Life seems to have stepped in my way. Nothing catastrophic, just the usual daily grind stuff dontcha know. Oh well, it is what it is! There could be worse things, this I know.
Here's a look at the ORT pile for this month.
Let's have a look at the contributor list:
"Snooty Parrots" by Barbara Ana Designs (In Progress)
"Speak to the Earth" by Donna Kooler Designs (In Progress)
"Common Ground - Needlebook" by Just Nan (In Progress)
"Heaven Above" by Midsummer Night Designs (In Progress)
Hmm...same suspects as last month, I see. I can truthfully say I have moved each of them along since our last visit so even though the list is the same there has been progress made. To keep this post from boring you to tears, let's have some visuals to illustrate what I mean. Here we go...
Progress as of 1/12/15
Progress as of 2/15/15
You may have noticed the date on the
Snooty Parrots as 2014. I decided to put last year's date on it since
that's when the majority of the work was done and the year I
participated in the SAL. What do you do when projects overlap years?
I'm curious!
Progress as of 2/15/15
Speak to the Earth is coming along
nicely. It's a project I don't want to put down once I pick it up. If
it weren't for doing it as a SAL, I'd be tempted to keep on going with
it. I'm sure you've had projects like that too.
Progress as of 1/12/15
Progress as of 2/15/15
~*~*~*~
I spent this past weekend working on the Just Nan needle book. I was inspired by this post
to pick it up again. I could easily finish it up if I kept up the
current pace with it. Saturday is an all day stitch-in so just maybe...
~*~*~*~
Progress as of 2/15/15
Last but not least, Heaven Above, oh how I love this one too! I love that blue in the corner. Does it remind you of anything? Yes, memories of the Hornbook Bestiary came flooding back when I started that corner! Oh yes indeed. LOL!
~*~*~*~
Now that was fun, wasn't it? I always love to see people's progress pics, especially on BAPs or SALs. I hope it won't be so long between our next visit. Thank you for stopping in today. I hope all is well in your corner of the world. I've missed you all!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher

17 comments:
I have searched high and low for the Noel/Tower ornament pattern
to no avail...has anyone
discovered it?
Great progress on your WIPs! I was wondering if your Heaven Above piece was related to the Hornbook you finished last year.
I know some people put both years if they overlap.
Robin in Virginia
Heritage Hall, since you are a no-reply blogger I will respond here, I checked with my friend and she does not have the chart any longer and she can't find it anywhere either. I'm sorry we can't help you but maybe another reader here can.
Lots of projects going--love seeing your progress!
What a lovely collection of project Lisa! I'm especially taken with Speak to the earth - shades of Francis Eden and And They Sinned! It will be fun to see your progress on them all next time around.
Parrots is soooo close!
Lots of wonderful progress Lisa! I think you did great choosing 2014 for the year to stitch. I had a similar dilemma - The heart I just stitched in memory for Nannie, I put 2014 not 2015. So I think whatever we chose it right - LOL!
love Annette
Great progress on all.
Still loving Snooty Parrots. :)
Have fun at your stitch-in.
Marilyn
You have four great projects in the go here, I love all of them!
Date wise I usually put the finished date on my pieces. I don't often date and sign pieces though. I struggle with my new initials since I got married! I was JMM for so long it seems odd putting JMP now!
Lisa, you've got lots of lovely projects to keep you busy. I particularly love that last one!
You are always stitching such lovely things, Lisa! And, yes, the last one definitely brings "Hornbook Bestiary" (my favorite finish of yours ever!!!) to mind :)
Have a relaxing weekend--stay warm!
Ah, everything is gorgeous! For not having stitched much, it seems you've stitched a whole lot! A very inspiring post.
Yes, you are definitely making progress! They are all looking good! Makes me want to go stitch... after I finish reading blogs! Hugs!
beautiful WIP's pictured Lisa - YGG on the Snooty - you are almost there. I have not touched mine in many months. Somehow I missed your retreat post - loved seeing it and all the pieces you showed. WOW - lovely stuff and sounds like a great time. hope you have a wonderful weekend - Mel
Lovely WIPs. When I've done something that spanned more than one year, I put the two years down in small numbers. Looking back, I'm glad I did that. Makes me appreciate how long it took to stitch!!
Your blog is very interesting, glad to found you !!! Regards from Greece !!!!
Your projects are all looking gorgeous, great progress
Post a Comment