It's TUSAL Day!
(For those not familiar, click on the word TUSAL above or the link to the right.)
Well folks, spring has finally made an appearance in my neck of the woods. We had storms last week and it seems to have helped everything grow! I missed posting on Saturday when the actual TUSAL date was because I was road tripping. It was the perfect day for a drive! Some of my quilting friends had pieces displayed in a museum a couple hours away so I just had to go see them.
Here's a look at the ORT pile for the month. Not too shabby a pile if I do say so myself.
Here's the list of this month's contributors:
"Speak to the Earth" by Donna Kooler Designs (In Progress)
"Heaven Above" by Midsummer Night Designs (In Progress)
"Cross Stitcher's Count" by Rose Sartore (Done!)
"Love My Stitching" by Hands on Designs (In Progress)
Yes, I've started a new project since our last TUSAL check-in. The floss on the ring above are the colors I'm using. I bought this one last summer at our Russellville Retreat and have wanted to stitch it ever since. It didn't help that Stasi showed her finish back in February and it's haunted me ever since. So I decided it would become my lunch time stitch. I'll do a progress post soon.
I also started and finished a quickie project for our annual getaway in Russellville for this year. Our Queen Bee is going to finish the stitched pieces into something special for us but we won't know what it is until we get to the retreat! I just love surprises like that.
I'm still pluggin away on "Heaven Above." I'm currently working on the blue background fill behind the stars. I had a visit from the frog a couple of Sundays ago too. This set me back since the error was on a motif that I'd counted off of for several other motifs. Rats! I hate when that happens.
I'm still loving "Speak to the Earth." I still have a hard time putting it down when I'm finished with the month's assignment. I'm down to the point I need to work a row of queen stitches. There was a frog visit there too and in the same weekend I might add. I don't mind the queens it's just the placement had me a bit off. I'm back on track now. Whew!
So there you are, it's not too exciting this month but progress is being made and that counts in my book! Hope you are moving things along in your stitchy world too. Thanks for visiting today!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:
Thanks for the shout out Lisa! i knew just what you are working on from the flosses!!!
Sounds like you are working on some great projects.
Can't wait to see them.
Love your little Bunny floss tag.
Marilyn
Always enjoy your TUSAL report. You make yours interesting, which is great.
First, what a cute floss tag! You have a nice pile of ORTs there, Lisa. I am sorry that you have had a visit from Mr. Frog. And you are so right about progress being made even with no excitement.
Robin in Virginia
You have lots of excellent stitching projects to keep you going for the next month, and beyond. :)
So glad you got to get out on a road trip - that's one of my most favorite things to do.
You are quite the stitching busy beaver. So funny that your TUSAL orts are reminders of the month's work!
Sorry to hear you've had some setbacks with your Speak to the Earth piece - how appropriate for Earth Day - you'll have to put in a few stitches in "her" honor tomorrow. I'll be anxious to see you new project. I used that same design on your floss tag for my EGA nametag. Glad to hear things are "springing" up all over. Enjoy the rest of your week ! Mel
Very nice pile of Orts Keep on Stitching
Sounds like lots of stitching being done--that's what matters! Hugs!
Orts are looking good and that is an interesting variety of projects your working on.
Post a Comment