Thursday, November 12, 2015

QCSG Party!

Our party this year was held at the Warren County Historical Society and Museum.  The part where our party was held used to be the town's post office!  It was a nice open space with lots of natural light.

When you first entered the room there were several tables set up next to the windows for the guild's anniversary sampler display.  I was impressed with the number of folks who worked on and completed this SAL.  As I mentioned before, I shamelessly did not...more than one big a$$ project a year is enough for me!

Check out the size of these and you see what I mean about a BAP!  I'm giving the wonder woman cape to all these girls.  You all rock!

Of course no guild get together would be complete without some show and tell!  I love this one.  I've got it in the stash.  It was gifted to me by my dear friend Toni several years ago.  I haven't forgotten about it!

Our guest lecturer even brought some show and tell of her own!  Love the strawberries in this sweet set!

She's designing this one for the Magnolia Sampler Guild.  How lucky these ladies are going to be to stitch this beauty.  And to think, it's not even finished yet!  Theresa told us she stitches all her own models and designs as she goes.  How interesting!

This was one of my favorites.  I love all the flowers and those chickens are really fun too!  She had  the chart for this one with her for sale but I didn't bring any money.  It was a bit pricey so it was just as well.

We got a sneak peek at a group project for next year.  Some of our guild members are designing smalls for us and we will have a finishing class later in the year.  How cute is this?  I like the idea.  I can see myself changing up the colors and fabric.  Fun!

Here's a peek at the ornament tree!  We had quite a few really pretty ornaments this year.  I always enjoy seeing the various ways folks choose to finish their ornaments.

As I've mentioned to some of you in the comments from last time, my ornament was a hit!  I'm so glad everyone liked it.  I had never met the lady that got it.  I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed coming up with the design and stitching it.

~*~*~*~

I hope you enjoyed the peek at the party.  It was fun to get together with everyone.  There were some folks I visited with that I hadn't seen since last year.  That's always so much fun.

Speaking of visiting with folks I haven't seen in a while, this weekend is the annual fall retreat with the "Russellville" girls at the Inn at Windmere.  I'm really looking forward to getting away.  Our agenda has us eating way too much, stitching a whole lot, shopping and all around relaxing.  Pretty close to heaven if you ask me!

Thanks for all your sweet comments on my last post and for stopping by to visit today.


More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Those are some huge samplers your guest lecturer designed!

Have a great retreat!

Barb said...

Thanks for sharing the party and all the stitching. Those samplers are beautuful (and very large!! ) - a big, big stitching commitment.

Enjoy your stitching retreat - sounds like so much fun!

woolwoman said...

heaven indeed! your retreats always sound so wonderful - lucky gals.
It was great seeing the recap of the Queen City SG party - Someone in our EGA chapter is nearing completion on that sampler with the blue chickens - it's lovely. I purchased the Maryland Inspiration but soon got thrown into the forgotten toy pile. I don't have good luck stitching with BAP's. Hope you have a wonderful retreat weekend - ENJOY - Mel

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounded like a great gathering, Lisa! What a wonderful assortment of ornaments! I knew yours was going to be a big hit. Have fun in Russellville this weekend. Looking forward to your recap of the weekend!

Marilyn said...

What beautiful Samplers.
There are some cute ornaments on that tree.
Glad yours was a hit. :)
Have fun this weekend!
Marilyn

Margaret said...

Looks like such fun! I hope you have fun this weekend too! Hooray for getting away!

Carol said...

What wonderful inspiration you had all around you during your retreat, Lisa! I can see why your ornament was so loved--it really is adorable :)

I'm sure you're enjoying your retreat this weekend--sounds perfect to me, too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looks like it was a fun gathering. Were there different options for the group sampler? Some of the houses look different to others.

Love the ornament tree, the little sleigh is very cute.

Annette-California said...

Fabulous table of samplers - W O W!!! Amazing. Love the new venue where your party was held. You got to meet Theresa Baird - I'm stitching her sampler she designed for our SF guild. Love her latest one.
I did spot your ornament right away in the photo.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
And hope you wore some sparkles, lol! love Annette

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing. Love all of the inspirations, especially the ornaments.

Maggee said...

Yay! I knew your ornament would be a hit--it is so very cute! Lots of eye candy in this post... love that! Sounds like a great meeting, and a talented guest speaker also! I am not into BAPs anymore. Time is passing too quickly. I have a whole lot of projects to stitch without adding any new BAPs. Thanks so much for sharing again! Hugs!