Sunday, March 6, 2016

It's all about the progress...

How did a whole month pass?!  Wow!  I can account for the past two weeks but I have no excuse for the two before that.  Our house has been cursed with the creepin' crud that seems to be going around lately.  DH gave it to me (he's sweet that way dontacha know) and I've had it for two weeks.  Yikes!  Thankfully the cough is gone for the most part and most of the congestion is too.  So I decided since I felt spunkier than I have in a good while, I'd pop in here for a progress update!  Go grab a cuppa.  Here we go!

Progress as of 9-6-15

Progress as of 3/6/16

Excuse the wrinkles.  I took it's glamour shot straight off the q-snaps.  I can't believe the last time you saw this one was last September!  As you can tell, I've worked on it a bit since then and I'm getting really close to the finish on it.  I'm hopeful it will be soon.  I just love all the little animals at the bottom.  There have been a couple peeps who have finished theirs.  I'll have to get a snap of all of them together when I finally get mine done.

~*~*~*~

Progress as of 7/11/15

Progress as of 3/6/16

Okay, I'm almost embarrassed to show this one.  The last time I shared progress was back in July.  Really?!  Oh good golly...can we say slacker?!  Anywho, you can tell I have worked on this one quite a bit since then.  I'm almost to the point of finishing page two!  Next up will be the words in the bottom section.  I love words.  I also love all the little spots in this one too. And the night sky and well...pretty much everything about it.

~*~*~*~

I've also had a couple new starts I haven't shared here yet.  It's funny, I used to be a "one-at-a-time" girl and that went out the window now didn't it.  LOL!

Progress as of 3/6/16

This was my January 1st start.  I'm doing it as a SAL with a certain someone who reads this blog.  Winks!  I haven't worked on it much since the middle of January.  I'm sure my SAL partner already has hers done and is just being polite by not telling me.  I'm really looking forward to doing the finishing on this one.  I think it's going to be interesting.  I'm loving the red fabric! It's 30 ct. Aztec red in case you were wondering.

~*~*~*~

Progress as of 3/6/16

This is my second new start this year.  I picked this one up on Valentine's Day, right before I got sick.  It's charted as the letter "E" but I plan to lob off the top and the middle parts and turn it into an "L."  I'm stitching it on 30ct. Morris Blue with the called for floss.

Our friend Leslie of Under the Sea Fabrics has one someone made for her and it inspired me to do one for myself.  This is my first Nora!  I figured I should stitch one since I'm going to the Mirabilia Minions Retreat for the first time this year.  I'm looking forward to it!

~*~*~*~

So there you are folks, even though I have been absent in this space I really have been stitching.  Between being sick and work still being crazy, I haven't had much time to pop in here to catch you all up.  I do, however, appreciate all the emails checking in on me.  I've tried to make the blog rounds and visit when I could.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit with me today.  I appreciate each one of you!  I hope your day is good.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher


P.S. Is anyone else sad that tonight is the last episode of Downton?  Can't wait to see what happens!

16 comments:

Carol said...

So sorry you've both been sick, Lisa--did you get to at least stay home from work and stitch a bit? Lovely progress on all--I just love the blue sky and stars in that second sampler!

I'm still on the previous season of Downton--I'm rationing my watching to make it last :) Hope tonight's finale brings the series to a heartfelt ending!

Cathy B said...

Speak to the Earth and Pomegranate Pocket are both in my stash waiting to be stitched. Feel better!

Robin in Virginia said...

I don't think you are a slacker at all. Your projects are moving along and I think you have made good progress on each one. I do hope you continue to feel better. Thinking of you!

Annie said...

Looks like tons of progress compared the paltry amount of stitching I've been doing lately. Nice mix of projects to keep it interesting.

Cried the requisite teardrops during the Downton finale. A satisfying ending though. We'll all miss the Crawley's.

Hope you all feel better soon.

Annette-California said...

Such beautiful stitches! Great progress on all 3 of your wips. The mermaid is sooo pretty and Speak to the Earth. Hope you continue to feel better sweet Lisa! Loved your post:))) love Annette

Stasi said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling up to par but am glad you're on the "feel better" track.
Love all your stitching and look forward to the finishes.
I too will miss Downton--I love character driven shows and this was one of the best!

Cindy's Stitching said...

so many pretty pieces you are working on.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on all your pieces. I'm stitching a Nora Corbett letter too! Four of them in fact, the Alphabet Fairies.

Hope you are feeling better now.

Amy said...

Those all look great! I especially like the one with the little patch of night sky and all of the cute wee motifs!

Blu said...

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. Hope you're better now.

Your WIPs look great. I really love the pomegranate one. That dark red and white on red is so striking.

Margaret said...

I love all your stitching projects! Everything is gorgeous! I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with the crud in your house. Yuck! Hope you're all better now.

Andrea said...

Hoping you are all feeling better by now. You have put lots of work in to your WIPs, fantastic progress.

Marilyn said...

Hope you feel better.
You have some great projects in the works.
Love the Pomegranate design.
Marilyn

Maggee said...

Sure hope that by NOW, you are back to feeling well again! I am always behind in reading and writing blogs... I get busy for one or two days, and it throws everything off! Love all the progress pictures... you have done well, considering... I can totally see how the Nora 'E' will turn into an 'L' and look forward to seeing it finished! Love the Hands on Design -- you have done a lot! Hugs!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Glad you are feeling better. I love your WIPs - great choices!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I love the sampler and you are so close to a grand finish. I can't wait to see it! Love all your starts, too especially the one on the Aztec red fabric. I hope by now everyone is healthy and you're enjoying this awesome weather as much as I am!