8/30/14 - August's Assignment Done!
I started on the right parrot on Friday night and it had legs and a branch before I went to bed. Saturday I got up and really got on a roll. I finished up the bird and started on the vine again. I had a good bit of the green still on the needle so I took it as far as it would go which got me close to the corner. Since I was so close to rounding the corner, I decided to thread up another stand and go for it!
8/31/14 - Start on September's assignment
Then on Sunday I decided I'd see if I could get the borders to meet. That's always an unnerving adventure till you get to the home stretch and realize they actually will meet! Yay! I felt like doing a victory lap around the living room. Woo hoo!! Now I have a better sense of just how big this sampler really is!
9/1/14
I'm running a tad low on the GAST Cranberry so I decided I'd go ahead and stitch all the berries on the vine. I'd rather them all be the same dye lot for the whole thing. If I need to get more for other parts it won't look as obvious. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL!
I'm actually further along now. I've gotten a good start on September's assignment in the lower left corner. I'm hoping to get it done in the next week or so. I have some gift stitching and an exchange I need to get started on. I'm so happy to finally be caught back up again!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing my joy today. I hope you all are having a good week. I just love these short weeks. I can already see the weekend from here!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
16 comments:
Wow! It looks so great! The border meeting is a huge thing -- congrats! And you are on schedule -- hooray! So beautiful too. I so need to stitch this. At least I have the chart. lol!
I LOVE this sampler! You have done a beautiful job stitching this and right on schedule too! Hurray!!!! Congratulations on the border meeting up....that is a HUGE accomplishment and always meets with a happy dance at my house!
WOW! You go girl and send me some of your stitching mojo. Always nice when the borders meet and good call on stitching the berries in cranberry
Hooray for borders that meet!! I'm amazed at how much you got done this weekend, Lisa--it really looks wonderful. Those parrots are so cute--so glad you're back on schedule with this piece...
Happy September to you :)
Its gorgeous. Our Sampler Guild is choosing this as our next year long project. Its just beautiful. I'll keep an eye on yours for any tips etc :)
Great progress on the Parrots, Lisa! I am so happy for you and your borders that met. I always hold my breath when stitching borders that each corner will meet.
Enjoy your week!
Robin in Virginia
You had some great stitching time! I would have done the same, exact thing with the GAST Cranberry for the berries. :)
This is such an impressive sampler and it is looking awesome. Yes, it was always a relief for me when borders matched.
Great progress, it's looking good.
Marilyn
Great progress, it's looking good.
Marilyn
It looks great! Love those colors and so glad your border met. That's always a thrill.
Way to go getting all caught up on Snooty - I have completely lost interest in mine - don't think I have worked on it all summer. That happens to me a lot with SAL's. I shouldn't join but I always think I will keep up and knitting and rug hooking always call me away. Hope fall is coming to your area - enjoy! Mel
Beautiful! Borders matching perfectly - victory celebration:) I was holding my breath while reading up to the part I knew was coming about you vs the vines. Congrats!! love Annette
It looks fabulous!
Great progress, your parrots are looking gorgeous
It is always cause for celebration when borders meet! The sampler is looking great, the parrots are so snooty!
Post a Comment