Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Shepherd's Bush - day 5

Are you ready for some more recap goodness?  Here we go!

Thursday was the actual start of the retreat.  Tina and Terri always set up a boutique onsite all decked out with new designs from our teachers.  It opened at 11:00am and it was wild!  Talk about a shopping frenzy!  I did manage to snag a couple things but the crush of people was too much for me so a ducked out as soon as I could.  Whew!  Too much humanity in a small room for me.

Registration began at 1:00. We picked up our schedule, our welcome project and dropped off our pincushions for the Heifer Project.  Just look at all of them collected so far!

This was the contents of our welcome project's box!  We all got to make a necklace and most everyone finished theirs too!

Here's mine!  Sorry about the shadow.  I didn't notice that when I took the picture.

~*~*~*~

A little bit later that afternoon the class projects were revealed.  This is always an exciting time.  You just can't go wrong no matter which track you choose!

Track 1 - R & R

Track 1 - Plum Street Samplers

Track 1 - Jeannette Douglas

 Track 2 - Shepherd's Bush

 Track 2 - Chessie & Me

Track 2 - Just Another Button Company

The peeps were split between the two tracks so we all got to get up close with these wonderful projects and the wonderful designers that taught the classes.  It's always so much fun to see the preview.

~*~*~*~


Later that evening we went back to the ballroom for our first group project, Thankful Stitches and dessert.  It was a neat tote bag that you stitch a band sampler on a separate piece then attach it to the bag when you are done!  The fun part is that the bands were charted separately so you can stitch them in any order you want.  It also included the snap and button for the bag too!

Speaking of dessert, this was the awesome chocolate goodness that awaited us.  Yep, this sent me on a serious sugar buzz.  I think it did the same for the peeps too.  None of us slept very well after eating it but it was oh so good!

~*~*~*~

Well folks, once again this post has gotten lengthy.  I'll save the classes for tomorrow.  I hope you've enjoyed the recap so far.

Still more to come,

The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I like the necklace you created from the welcome kit, Lisa. It has been fun to see the various motifs that were stitched around blog land.

Robin in Virginia

Ranae said...

How fun! I'm hoping I get to go some year

Annie said...

Just a ton of stitchy fun! I've always wanted to try making one of those pendants. Yours looks great! And the projects are just fantastic.

Margaret said...

Wonderful! I have to admit that that's one of the worries I have with the SB retreat -- so many people! I have a problem with crowds. lol! Seriously. So I understand your ducking out of the shop set up so fast. Love seeing everything! It's just wonderful! Looking forward to your next post.

Stasi said...

I'm enjoying reading about your trip to Utah. Looking forward to the rest of the recap!

Vickie said...

Thank you for sharing Lisa. I have never been on a stitchy retreat.

Mouse said...

cute necklace and yummmmmmmm dessert ..... and what else was there ... ohhh yes love the class pieces and all those pin cushions :) love mouse xxxxxx

Patti said...

Absolutely love ready your blog, Lisa......keep it coming. So glad we all got to go together and spend time doing the things we love to do. Peeps are so specials!

woolwoman said...

crushing crowds - oooooo - not sure it would be worth all that to me ! I don't like shopping frenzies and I never EVER go shopping the day after T-giving or Christmas - just not my thing. Glad you had a good time and yes I am enjoying the recap and seeing the class projects.
Mel

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Fun post with lots of fun things to look at as usual! That table full of goodies certainly attracted a frenzy of shoppers! All the class projects turned out great but I was especially enamored with the Chessie & Me design. The chocolate dessert looks good, too!

Carol said...

I'd be right there with you ducking out and away from the crowds, Lisa! Too many people in one place makes me very anxious...

Love seeing all of the pincushions for the heifer project--what great work everyone did...

Your little pendant is so cute--and it looks like there were plenty of nice projects to work on!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The pendant is lovely but however do you choose which classes to take? They are all so gorgeous!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful necklace you made. I love it! Which track did you select? All the projects look great. Thank you for sharing, I just love reading your posts. love Annette

Maggee said...

Let the party begin, eh? It would be interesting to know if there were representatives from other countries attending too--I like statistics. Great looking projects--by now you might have one done (very behind in blog reading). The pendant looks great! Lots of support for the Heifer project there! Good!