Monday, October 27, 2014

Shepherd's Bush Recap - day 1, 2, 3 and 4

Hello dear friends!  I'm back with tales to tell today.  I promised a recap so let's get to it...
 

This year we decided to make a week of it and flew out to Utah on Sunday.   As soon as we got the rental car we hit the ground running and ran for three days straight!  Our first adventure was navigating downtown Salt Lake City.  A couple of the peeps really really wanted to take in Temple Square so that's where we went straight away.


I have to say it was incredibly interesting.  We had a couple lovely "sisters" who gave us the grand tour!  We got to see organ practice in the Tabernacle and the inside of Assembly Hall.  The South Visitor's Center had a nice replica of the inside of the Temple on display.  That was really interesting to see.  I feel like I learned a lot.

Monday, while we waited for Marsha to get in at the airport.  We went up to the Shepherd's Bush shop and did some damage.  This wasn't our only trip there.  More on that in a bit.  



With all the peeps together now and after lunch at the Blue Lemon, we visited the Conference Center across the street from Temple Square.  The "sisters" and a cute newlywed couple encouraged us to take the tour.  We knew we wouldn't have time the first day so we went back.  Talk about an amazing place!  This is one of the biggest buildings I've ever been in.  There's even a garden on the roof!  Wow!




On Tuesday, we made another trip up to Ogden to visit the Shepherd's Bush shop for their birthday celebration and to inaugurate Marsha.  If you've not visited this shop, you seriously need to.  I swear they have one of everything and know exactly where to find it too!

This is what I called the "Bee Corner."  So much bee goodness in this little nook!  Marsha and I were in heaven.  Actually this whole shop is pretty close to heaven in my opinion!

This is the display in the front window.  That large Quaker up there stole my peep, Linda's heart.  I suspect we might see this one being stitched sometime soon.  Shirlee and Marly, I thought of you here in this corner!
 
Yep, we all did more damage the second day too.  Here's the proof!  The stash was rightly enhanced.  We even left some for everyone else too.


After birthday snacks, we ventured up the street to Jill Rensel's shop for a visit and more snacks.  Marsha brought "Penny America" to be framed by Jill.   It was fun to see the creative process in action as Jill and her helpers pulled molding and matting.  I can't wait to see it when Marsha gets it back.  I'm sure it will be amazing.  This is another "must see" place if you get out that way.


Check out these cuties!  These are Jill's babies.  You know what a dog lover I am, we had to get a little puppy love in dontcha know!  There were a couple more running about but I couldn't get them to stand still for a picture.  These two just plopped down in the middle of the floor!


After our visit with Jill we ventured on to Antelope Island.  Since this was Marsha's first visit to Utah, we wanted to give her the grand tour!  No visit is complete without going to the Island.  We were lucky enough to see a coyote, several bison and lots of birds.  I was sad to see the sunflowers were dried up for the most part since our visit this time was two weeks later than last time.  The lake was really down this time too due to the drought.  Still it's an amazing place and I always enjoy marveling at nature's beauty.

Wednesday was a pretty low-key day.  We stayed put at our home away from home and stitched most of the day.  Then we went out for dinner at Zoom!  I couldn't resist the mac and cheese I had last time.  So good!

Well folks, this post has gotten pretty lengthy.  I think I'll stop now and resume the festivities tomorrow.  There's still lots of goodness to share!  Thanks for stopping by today.

More coming,

The Inspired Stitcher

19 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What fun, Lisa! I went two years ago and had a blast! Can't wait to see more pictures!

woolwoman said...

on my dream list of things to do lisa - visit SB I mean. Sounds like you had an awesome time - can't wait to see more. A DF and fellow EGA member was just showing me some stash she picked up from SB this summer when she was out west. enjoy your week
Mel

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh, this is a treat for me! I too have the SB retreat on my wish list. But this is the next best thing. So much to look at! I'm glad you all had a great time! Smart to spend a whole week there too! Looking forward to seeing more!

Carol said...

What a treat to read all about your trip, Lisa--you are making it all sound mighty tempting :) I know I'd be in big trouble if I visited the SB store in person--just look at all of those models! Wow!!

And who knew there was an island in Utah!? The stuff I learn on stitching blogs :)

Mary said...

Lisa you lucky, lucky girl! I've never been to SLC or Shepherd's Bush but a trip to both is on my bucket list. Can't wait to see details from the stash haul.


























































marly said...

Obviously a good time had by all! Amazing shop and what cutie patoodie pups.

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, Lisa! It looks like your first four days were packed with lots of wonderful things. Looking forward to the rest of your recap of your trip.

Robin in Virginia

Anonymous said...

Ooh would love to take this trip someday.
Hope you are doing well.

Martha

Judy said...

The first 3 days looked fantastic..cannot wait to see the other days! I have always heard great things about the SB retreat.

Judy Heartland stitcher

Cathy B said...

What a fun trip you all had. Looking forward to your next report!

Marilyn said...

Downtown Salt Lake City is pretty.
Great pics of SB, drool, drool, :)
Looks like those doggies got tired out greeting people.
Marilyn

Annie said...

Looks like so much fun! A lot to see in Salt Lake City. And stitchy shopping galore with friends! Who could ask for anything more!

Marsha said...

I just started blogging about the trip and only the bison is a double photo, so far. You snuck a picture of me in there, cheeky monkey. It was a great trip and I was glad to spend it with you.

Mouse said...

oooo just bobbed in for a cuppa and find you having lots of fun at the retreat again .... love the island :) and stash shopping is always fun :) love mouse xxxxx

Andrea said...

Why can't we have a shop like SB in the UK! I could spend all day in there. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful visit.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fantastic trip! The shop looks amazing too, more like a museum than a shop! You could spend all day just looking at the framed samplers.

And Jill Rensel too! I am so envious. The first thing I would do if I won the lottery is kidnap that woman and keep her in England until she has framed all my finishes and those of my friends too! So make the most of her while you have her LOL.

Annette-California said...

Wow what a fun trip. The shop looks like you can spend a whole day there and still not see everything. I love the group photo of all of you in front:) I spy those shopping bags -lol.
love Annette

Maggee said...

Sounds like a great time had by all! MANY years ago, when traveling across country, we stopped at the Salt Lake just to see it--it was winter and it was low also. But definitely lots of white! Looks like some fun times!

Beth said...

What a wonderful trip and experience! Someday I hope to attend - I've visited the shop a couple of times when I've been to SLC - eye candy everywhere!