I'd be remiss if I didn't pick the Hornbook Bestiary finish as one of my finish highlights. Oh. My. Goodness. What an epic finish that was! If only you could have been there when I put the very last stitch in that one. I still can't believe I put all those tiny stitches in that thing. Wow!
I didn't post about my favorite trip when I looked back. It was my trip to Gatlinburg, TN, with my honey for our anniversary. We really had a nice restful relaxing time. We are still talking about how much fun we had on that trip. We had no specific plans except to visit the Wheels Through Time Museum. I like those kinds of trips.
Another highlight would be my trip to Utah with four of my favorite people. It was such a nice getaway. We had great weather the whole trip. We ate well, stitched a lot and visited stitcher's heaven. What more could you ask for?!
~*~*~*~
Now to take a look at the numbers from 2014. You know I like numbers, so in the spirit of my tradition here we go...
New Starts: 35
Finishes: 29
UFOs (unfinished objects): 7
WIPs (works in progress): 4
When compared to the year before I had six fewer starts, but two more finishes, one less UFO and 11 less WIPs. I participated in four less exchanges, but made ten more gifts, participated in one more SAL and attended two less classes.
Exchanges: 3
Gifts: 17
SALs: 5
Classes: 3
I've always liked stitching gifts for folks and those are usually smalls so I was able to get a smalls fix every now and then. It really surprised me when added up the numbers to see I'd given away so many things. Let's have a look at a few of my favorites.
I couldn't resist showing this one. Is anyone else watching the show?
This was the second time I'd stitched this one. This time I changed the colors a tiny bit.
These just make me smile every time I looked at them. I'm so glad I stitched one for myself. I'm going to try to do that more often this year. I always say I'll go back and stitch myself one later but later never happens.
~*~*~*~
So there you have it folks, my recap. I don't usually make resolutions but I do like to set intentions or mini goals if you will. Here are some I've been ruminating on lately in no particular order...
- I'd like to finally get my DMC collection wound onto bobbins. That's how I started back in the 80s and I'd love to have that project finished.
- I'd like to get some sort of organization system sorted out for my charts. I can't decide how to store them by designer, theme, some other way. Do you have any suggestions?
- I'd like to stitch some things that are waiting for attention in the basket o'joy. I've already got a start on that one! More to come on that.
- I seriously need a finishing day! The show and tell would be fun to share.
I hope you all are having a good week. I'm looking forward to the end of this week. It's the LNS's annual retreat. I've already got my projects picked out and I'm even going to have a new start. I'll share more about that next week. Thanks for visiting today!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:
I didn't know you all were going to Utah, had I known I would have had Pat and Ann from R&R give you a hug from me ;) I had them to that to some other Indiana girls that were in Utah for the retreat. Pat and Ann are my buddies and just the sweetest women around!
The Bestiary was epic! Utterly and magnificently epic! Good going you! I loved your first watch and I love this one too! And those fab five turkeys are AWESOME!
The only thing I can say about the DMC collection is: Just do it. I hated doing it, but once it was done...that was heaven to see them all wound and in my thread chest. For charts I bought one of these rolling drawer things that I think is actually for scrapbooking papers, but honest to heaven they are fabulous. I have charts organized by designer. :) For designers I don't have a ton of charts for, I have them in a file cabinet in their own folder. You do need a finishing day! I try to finish as I finish the stitching but that doesn't always happen. Maybe you should come for a finishing retreat at my house! HA!
You had a great year for sure! Love seeing everything and hearing what the highlights of your year were. I don't know how you get so much done when you work full time! You're amazing!
welll you have have had an amazing stitchy year ... love the wee bee :)
storage hmmmmm I have got designers together but when kitted up no chance ..lol
threads organised see above ..lol but that willllll she says all change when I get my new craft room done wooo hooo :) and yes we need a finishing day :) love mouse xxxxx
Looks like you had a great year.
I think my most favorite part would be going to SB. :)
Congrats on all of your 2014 finishes.
Bestiary is gorgeous.
Marilyn
Definitely a fabulous year! The hornbook bestiary is really the pièce de resistance!
Awesome! The trip to Utah is a definite highlight.
What an enjoyable post! I really like how you have things so organized by numbers & such. I am going to try to do that : ) Last year was certainly a fun & productive one for you! I know this year will be too : )
I store my charts in a file cabinet by subject. Whether by subject or designer probably depends how many things you have by designer or by subject. I seem to have more things by subject. Things that I really want to get to soon are in a basket. I maintain an Excel file to remind me where I put something if I can't find it. I'm pretty good about keeping that up-to-date and I go back in there and mark something finished so I know how much I've done.
Great post, Lisa! I really enjoyed reading your 2014 reflection and flashback. Those turkeys make me smile every time I see them.
My charts are organized by designer. For me, it is easier to pull the folder for a designated designer than to pull it by subject.
Looking forward to hearing about the projects you take and work on your upcoming stitching retreat.
Robin in Virginia
2014 was a great year for you! Besides working full time--amazing! I am wondering where the time goes since I have been home not working these few months! I organize my charts by designer, to a point. Ones that are not as prevalent just go into a folder in the cabinet, sort of clumped together by subject matter. Needs honing...
Loved your recap of 2014, Lisa! Hands down, my favorite finish of yours is Hornbook Bestiary... That is definitely one of my top 10 favorite finishes I've EVER seen :)
You were so productive--don't know how you do it all! Hope 2015 brings you many more great stitchy adventures!
It is always fun to read what people have accomplished throughout the year. Your Hornbook piece is amazing.
I just found an app called: X-Stitch App by Jeff devine
for helping to organize your stash. You may find it helpful.
You finishing Hornbook Bestiary was epic! I can picture you taking your victory lap with all your stitching friends cheering with you. Very lovely stitching year you had and looking forward to seeing what you do in 2015. And yes I LOVE Downton Abbey series. I too need to reorganize my charts & my DMC threads on to bobbins. Most of them are done but there are still many left. love Annette
Lisa, you had quite the year. The Hornbook was amazing and you deserve a prize!
This year I hope to get at least one BAP done but will likely continue with smalls.
I am recording Downtown, like I did with season 4, then do a marathon Sunday/weekend where I watch them all. It's fun! So, don't tell me anything about it. I'm glad the actress who played Anna won the Golden Globes this year.
Post a Comment