Thursday, January 15, 2015

New Year's Starts & WIPs

Like lots of folks I like to start something new on New Year's Day.  This year I had a false start.  I hope it's not an indication of things to come this year.  So what did I start you ask?  Check it out!

Progress as of 1-12-15


I present to you, "Speak to the Earth" by Donna Kooler Designs.  It's available as a pdf download if you are interested.  It's nice when you can get the chart instantly like that.  I printed mine on card stock so it will hold up better.

I had originally started this on 40 ct. exemplar but the colors were just not playing nice with the fabric.  Plus there's a good bit of over one stitching on this and I didn't really feel like fiddling with that so I ordered different fabric.  I decided to go with 36 ct. in light mocha which is the color I used for the Parrots.  I like it much better!  So stay tuned, you'll be seeing more of this one this year since a group of the peeps and I are doing it as a SAL.

Progress as of 1-12-15

Since I had to wait for my fabric to come and I was in the mood for a new start, I decided to root around in the basket o'joy.  This one has been in there since I started stitching again back in 2009!  It's by Just Nan and it's the needlebook from the "Common Ground" chart.  There are other pieces to it but I think I may just do the needlebook.  We'll see...

It's done on 28ct. tattersall with DMC.  This is the first time I've worked with tattersall and I really like it.  It's easy to count and find your place on it.  I just love the color pallet on this project.  The finishing doesn't sound too terribly hard either so it should go well.

~*~*~*~

Progress as of 1-12-15

I'm also carrying a couple WIPs into the new year.  As much as I would have liked to finish the Snooty Parrots before the year was over, it just didn't happen.  As you can see, I'm getting closer.  This will be going to the retreat with me this weekend.

I don't think I ever posted a picture of this one.  I did mention it in my TUSAL recap though.  This is called "Quaker Heart" from Piecework Magazine.  I started stitching it on the airplane ride to Utah.  I got side one done while we were there and started side two.  I'm hoping to maybe get this one done before Valentine's day so I can display it.  Maybe it will go with me to the retreat too.

Progress as of 11-8-14

These two are the main ones I'd like to see finished soon.  I'd also like to get back on "I Sigh Not for Beauty" and get it done this year.  It's languished long enough.  If only I could just stitch all day long.  Sounds lovely to me!

Thanks for visiting with me today.  I'm looking forward to sharing my progress after the retreat.  I know I'll be able to move these along with all that uninterrupted stitching time.  Yippee!!

More later,

The Inspired Stitcher

17 comments:

marly said...

You have lots of goodies in progress!

Marilyn said...

Speak To The Earth is a gorgeous piece.
The JN will be pretty too.
Can't wait to see Parrots.
Hope you finish your WIPS soon.
Have fun at the retreat!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

I just finished reading the book of Job yesterday, and now I see your Speak to the Earth. Cool.

Natasha said...

All great starts. You are doing a fine job. I look forward to seeing more progress on Speak To The Earth.

Have a wonderful day!

Joy said...

You have just inspired me to pick up my stitching!

llknbillburg said...

A couple of your WIPs are also mine!! Funny how that seems to happen with BAPs! Yours are really close to being finished though. I guess I will have to live vicariously through yours since mine aren't even on the list to finish this year!! Laura

Margaret said...

What a treat to see your starts and WIPs! You have so many beauties going there! You've reminded me of a couple I'd like to get to someday too!

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, Lisa! What eye candy you shared with us! I look forward to seeing your pictures when you return from your retreat. Have a grand time!

Robin in Virginia

Denise said...

Beautiful work in progress!!!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Carol said...

Oh, I'd forgotten all about that pretty I Sigh Not For Beauty WIP, Lisa... I do hope you work on that often this year :) How nice to have so many beauties to choose from from your "Basket O'Joy!" Love that term!!

Enjoy a wonderful weekend, my friend...

woolwoman said...

what a bevy of beauties Lisa ! I enjoyed hearing and seeing all the progress photos and plans for the new year. Isn't it easy to see everything that is possible in the new year! Hope you enjoy all your projects and have a great weekend - Mel

Maggee said...

You will certainly be a busy stitcher this year! But it's a fun hobby! We can't stay away! Have a great time at the retreat! Hugs!

Stasi said...

Lots of wonderful projects--can't wait to see the finished products!

Have fun at the retreat this weekend!

Ellen said...

As usual, you've got some beautiful projects. Snooty Parrots and I Sigh Not for beauty are so far along that I suspect we'll see two finishes soon.

I know that you're having lots of fun at stitch-away and are hopefully getting in lots of dedicated stitching time.

Ranae said...

Lots of wonderful projects
Happy stitchy 2015

Andrea said...

A real mix of projects to keep you going there. Looking forward to seeing your progress on them.

Annette-California said...

What beautiful pretties we got to see on this post. Lovely wips.
I think you will have 2 done soon too. love Annette