Progress as of 2-15-15
Here we are last time I shared progress back in February. I was still working on Snooty then and really not devoting much of my time to this one. It's a good start though.
Progress as of 4-30-15
Here we are last Thursday. I have to tell you I had a repeat visit from the frog. See that big flower, yep, stitched it three times! Oh yes I did. Turns out the angel wings are what was throwing a wringer in the works. It's hard to tell from the top picture, but I had put an extra square at the bottom of each wing and that threw everything off.
Thankfully the third time I stitched it I started working motifs down on the lower left which brought me up to the big flower again and to the realization that there was something still not right. Normally I'd say whatever and probably leave it. However there is not much wiggle room between these motifs so some of them would be running into each other if I did that. Funny thing is, it's been off since January. LOL! Darn frog!
Progress as of 5-5-15
So since I got that sorted out, I decided to fill in the sky. I've been making myself stitch at least one length of sky floss each time I sat down with this one. Last Friday I went to stitch with some peeps and worked just on the sky. I was tired from working all day and needed a "no brainer" kind of stitch. Filling in is about as "no brainer" as you can get. By the time I left, I could easily see myself finishing up that section. So last night, I buckled down and got it all done!
I really like how it looks! It's one of the parts of this sampler that drew me in. It still reminds me of the Hornbook. I think because it's nearly the same shade of blue. I also love the tiny pup angel. There's a kitty angel too but I haven't gotten that far yet. There are a lot of fun little motifs yet to stitch!
You may also have noticed the tail and feet above the pup angel. That's going to be a bird. It's charted for CC Plum Paisley. The skein I have is really dark and almost what I'd call a royal purple. I'm thinking I'd like to find a different skein that's a bit lighter. So for now I'll just have a body-less bird till I can get to the LNS to look for something different.
~*~*~*~
So now we are all caught up on Heaven Above. I plan to keep working on this one at least on Sundays and maybe more throughout the month. Right now I have my May assignment to do on Speak to the Earth. Can't wait to share the progress on that one too.
I hope you all don't mind these progress posts. I feel like they aren't the most exciting posts but I like having a record of where I am on things. As always, I very much appreciate your visits and comments. I hope where ever you are you are making progress too!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
20 comments:
such lovely detail...
Love seeing your progress! My first thought was it reminded me of the hornbook....I agree that it's the blue background. Keep on posting!!!
oh yes I think it's important to have a record of progress. good progress to except for your frogy visit - glad you are back on track and making good on your sunday stitch. Mel
Sorry to hear about the frog visit! Your Heaven Above is looks grand.
Robin in Virginia
Love it Lisa! This one reminds me a bit of And They Sinned. Some pieces are just meant o show what you're made of as a stitcher. I think this might be one of them?
Time to kick that frog to the curb! lol
Great progress.
I like watching your projects come to life.
Marilyn
I really enjoy seeing progress reports. If I had time, I'd be doing that same thing! Lately, I have to decide between 1)read blogs, 2) post to blogs 3) read
FB 4) stitch... Only one a day it seems! However, I really love Heaven Above's progress... it looks great! The blue sky is such an eye-grabber! Just beautiful! Hugs!
I love seeing your progress pics. It's fun to see the different stages and how pretty it looks as it develops. I was going to say that blue of the sky is like the hornbook. You've confirmed it for me! :D
You've got me wondering if I have this pattern in my stash - I think I do. Enjoy watching your progress!
Lisa, here's another biggie. I did think of the hornbook too, probably because of the blue. Is not over one is it? ;-) It's looking wonderful, and we don't mind seeing progress pics at all!
che bello sta venendo
Great progress!! Love the colors in this!
I also thought of the hornbook! That piece will be forever associated with you. "The Inspired Hornbook".
I love progress photos, especially Before and After in the same post because I can't be bothered to look back for the previous photo LOL
Glad you sorted the flower out, there isn't a lot of wiggle room there.
I like any kind of posts Lisa and this one is no exception! Beautiful stitching ;)
Isn't that the most frustrating thing to stitch a motif, not once, not twice, but three (or more!) times??? Been there, done that :)
This is looking so pretty, Lisa, and good for you for having such a realistic plan for stitching all that blue. Imagine if you left it all 'til the end!
Happy May to you!
Sorry you had the frog visit but it looking lovely now so you must be happy you got it all sorted! I love that sky piece, it's wonderful :)
Well done on the progress, it's always lovely to see pictures so please post away :)
LOVE your progress on Heaven Above!
YEP it does remind me of your beautiful hornbook sampler - LOL!
That was an extremely great project to see you stitch. Glad to hear you got the stitching corrected. I know all to well from experience having to redo 3 times or more on a section. But YOU DID IT!!!
Looking forward to seeing your progress on "Speak to the Earth" wip. Well done Lisa! love Annette
Wonderful progress on this piece.
What a cute piece. Such pretty colors in it. And I can't speak for everyone but I enjoy reading progress posts. It's lovely seeing a piece grow :)
It's looking gorgeous, great progress
Post a Comment