On Saturday we got up extra early so we could check out of the hotel and get to our lecture on time. The lecture was on "Westtown School Samplers."
I didn't realize that Westtown School is still in operation. I also didn't realize it was a boarding school. I did know it was Quaker so there's that. Needless to say, I learned a lot in the lecture. Later Linda and I decided we should have tried to find the school since we were in the area. Next time!
After the lecture we decided to go upstairs again for one last perusal. This booth took our breath away the first time through and we just had to go see it again. You could tell that lots of samplers had sold since our first trip through. The vendor was so sweet to let us take pictures. I think he got tickled at us drooling over his inventory.
This was one of his that I especially liked. It talks about the sea shore. One of my very favorite places to be. I also liked that the verse wasn't morbid like so many of the sampler verses tend to be.
This was another drool worthy item I found in another vendor's display case. All worked in queen stitches and so very pretty. I took this picture for one of our guild members who has a fancy for this type of thing.
After we bid the museum farewell, we hit the turnpike again and made our way down to the second "bucket list" stop for the trip, Strawberry Sampler! This is someplace Linda has wanted to visit forever. She's talked about it for years. I've had the good fortune to visit a couple times already.
If you've never been, you really should go! The girls that work there make you feel like old friends the minute you walk through the door. And can I just talk about the models?! Oh. My. Goodness!!! I mean, just look at this wall! Every wall was like this and it made you want to buy everything in sight too.
Here are the things I couldn't live without. I have no idea what I'll do with the dot fabric but you know me and dots. The bottom piece of fabric is for a chart that Stasi gifted me not long ago and the beads are for the Nora Corbett piece I mentioned last time. The three charts are ones I fell in love with when the market stuff came out.
Once again we found ourselves looking for a lunch recommendation. One of the kind ladies at the shop told us about Wawa. Chris also mentioned it to us too. So we got directions to the nearest one and off we went. I had to try the local chips from the display above. They were pretty good.
Now let me tell you about this place. It's unlike any convenience store I've ever experienced! Pardon the glare on the screen in the picture. This is the computer you use to place your sandwich order. Behind the menu sign is the food prep area. People make your hot sandwich right there! It's kind of like a cross between Subway, in that you can choose what you want on your sandwich, and Panera, where you can get a hot gourmet sandwich!
We picnicked in the car. I had the turkey panini with sun dried tomato pesto. Delish! We also took Chris' suggestion and got a soft pretzel that was baked onsite and Linda found canoli dip for dessert. I sure wish we had Wawa around here. I'm definitely remembering this place next time I go east!
After our lunch we got back on the road to head to the next stop on the road trip, Bedford, PA. Once again this has gotten long so I'll leave you here for now and we'll resume the recap next time.
Still more to come,
The Inspired Stitcher
9 comments:
OMG I'm not done!! LOL! Here we go!
20mins later (looked at Strawberry Sampler) I'm back:) Fabulous time you had. I agree the sea sampler is lovely. I can see how those pretty linens & charts came home with you.
Your sandwich sounds so good right now! love Annette
Wow, your 2nd day sounded as great as the first. Your WaWa sandwich sounds like the Sheetz sandwiches. Nice purchases and lucky you on adventuring to The Strawberry Sampler. Looking forward to the next part to your adventure.
Robin in Virginia
PS Did you bring Shelby some chips?
Oh now I'm just plain jealous... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go the Strawberry Sampler one day. What a store! And you are right we need something like a Wawa around here... your sandwich looks very yummy.
WOW - what a great time I've had going thru your two posts on the PA trip. You lucky gal getting to see the exhibit and all the great vendors and shops too ! Did you know Siobhan who lived in Ireland and had a wildly successful and fun blog - I believe it was the Strawberry Sampler she was always coming home to the US to visit near her hometown. You got an awesome haul on your trip. I am anxious to hear about the next part and I hope you have a great memorial day weekend and find some time for stitching - Mel
Beautiful Samplers and models.
Sounds like you got to see a lot on your trip.
The sandwich looks yummy too. :)
Marilyn
We had a wa wa right off campus where I went to college! :D No sandwich counter like that though. it was good for pitstops when needed. I so enjoyed reading both of your posts. I'm behind on commenting, so I'm going to be naughty and just comment on one of your posts. My favorite of your buys was the bullet etui -- so coooool! Glad you had a good time!
It looks like a wonderful trip. The Strawberry Sampler looks like a must stop place for any of us stitchers!!
I am SUCH a beach person--I lived four blocks from the Pacific ocean as a child, and have been living in Virginia Beach now... I prefer the Atlantic because it is much warmer!! Another great post. We have WAWA's here... tho I have never been in one! Maybe I will take a field trip! Hugs!
I am so glad that you like WaWa. It is one of my favs...actually I think I might do a blog post on convenience stores...lol
Post a Comment