Saturday, July 18, 2015

Russellville Recap part 2

Well folks yesterday got away from me and I didn't get my post up.  I underestimated how many pictures I had to edit.  So go grab a cuppa something, we are going to be here for a while.  I've got a whole lot to share with you today!

After we did our exchange at the hotel, we called one of our peeps for directions to the new hive at the county extension office.  We changed locations this year as the previous one was falling into disrepair.  This new hive was the "bee's knees" as they say and yes, I meant that pun too!  Here's a look at the hive set up.  This new place had a gourmet kitchen and we had our meals catered by a Mennonite lady who was an awesome cook!  This allowed the Queen Bee to participate more in the fun.  I think I worked out really well!


Once everyone was there and settled we were given our getaway project.  As you all know, I do love BBD!  I've wanted to stitch this one for quite sometime.  We got to pick out our floss color. All the floss was by GAST.  I chose Geranium.  It's a bright pinkish red.  The little purple things are Jordan almonds.  Yum!  In the US you see them a lot at weddings and celebrations.

This is what it looked like by the end of the night Friday.  I'm thinking I want to put some beads on it in place of the charted confetti "x" and I've got some button trim in the stash heap somewhere that would be nice around the edge of a pillow finish.

Design: Getaway Girls Count
Designer: Rose Sartore
Fabric:  28 ct.  White
Floss:  WDW Confetti and DMC
Started:  3/22/15
Finished:  3/28/15
Completed:  By the Queen Bee

Also, when we were given our kits we got this project bag.  We had stitched the fronts and sent them in with our registration and the Queen Bee made them all into bags for us.  It was designed by one of our getaway bees, Rose.  We all picked our own colors.  Too cute!

In between stitching and visiting, I shopped the boutique the Queen Bee set up for us.  Just look at all this goodness.  Yes, I found things I couldn't live without.

Hands On Design was one of the biggies this year.  You all know how much I adore her things.  I couldn't help myself.  I was so happy to see the "Pin Feathers" chart there too.  I had passed it by at Finishing Touch and it was haunting me.  Yay!  The little square of fabric is what I'll use for it.  The bees, well they speak for themselves.  The bigger piece of fabric is just because.  I'm sure I'll come up with something to use it.

While we were stitching on Friday, we had a four legged visitor.  Do you see it in the middle of the picture?  Everyone got a sniff and she got an ear scratch.  She came in with the warden and the inmates who fixed the folding door in the upper right corner of the picture.  Yes, you read that correctly!  I didn't initially notice that until I read the one guy's vest.  Um...yeah!  Never a dull moment...no siree!

Okay, so yeah, back to stitchy things.  This was our show and tell table.  The bags in the back contained our exchange gifts.  We did that on Saturday.  Let's have a closer look at these pretties!




Lots of pretty things to share and admire!  We really are a talented group.  I actually have a couple of these charts in my stash and now after seeing them stitched up, I'm tempted.  If only I could live forever to be able to stitch all I'd like to.  I bet you all feel the same way too!
 
 ~*~*~*~

Well folks, this post has gotten longer than I'd intended so I think I'll leave you here and resume the recap tomorrow with the exchange and a peek at some goodies I picked up in town.  I hope you are enjoying the grand adventure so far!

More soon,

The Inspired Stitcher

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I will say it again, wow! I enjoyed reading part 2 of your recap, Lisa! I like the BBD piece you stitched in geranium and your project bag is very cool. Thanks for sharing items from show & tell! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Marilyn said...

What a cute idea with the bags.
Everyone's projects are so pretty.
Thanks for sharing more pics.
Marilyn

stitchersanon said...

I'm so pleased I'm finally catching up with people's blogs. What a lovely, uplifting post! Love the bag idea!

Vickie said...

Fantastic! I made the Pomegranate Pincushion. Love Hands On Design!

Maggee said...

Looks like a great retreat, as usual! Lots to see and apparently--purchase!! I won the Pomegranate design, and look forward to stitching it too! All the projects at 'show and tell' are wonderful! Inspiring! Thanks for sharing again!

Anonymous said...

I love to see all the lovely projects! Your remember me got stitched FAST!!

Margaret said...

It all looks so wonderful! Love the show and tell too!