Friday, July 31, 2015

Speak to the Earth progress

Hello friends!  As promised, I'm back to share my Speak to the Earth progress for July.  I worked on this quite a bit one night when I was at the Getaway in Russellville.  Then I worked on it some more in the following weeks.  Here's a peek at where it stands now and where it was when we visited last!

Progress as of 6/7/15

Progress as of 7/31/15

I'm really loving that strawberry band!  You know how I love my strawberries.  I got that put in while I was away.  Then I did the left side at home.  I'm thinking I've gotten myself ahead of our assignments.  It's easy to do with this one!  We should be starting some animals soon and I know there's some more over one words right below those strawberries.  Stay tuned!

~*~*~*~

Speaking of strawberries, I just have to show you the sweet thing Peg over at Kentucky Sampler sent me!  She's doing some downsizing.  She said she found this at a the Peddler's Mall a while back. 

Here's the pretty paper and the card inside the box she sent!  Oh the suspense!

Just look at this sweet strawberry make-do!  It's sitting atop an old wooden spool with wire tendrils hanging down.  It's made of the softest velvet with cotton gingham leaves.  It's also pretty good size.  I'd say around six inches tall!  It's sitting on my mantle where I can see it from my stitching nest.  Thank you so much, Peg!  I'm happy to give it a new home and will think of you always.  What a treasure!

~*~*~*~

Well folks, there you have it!  I hope your July has been good to you.  I can't believe summer is winding down already.  Soon it will be back-to-school time again.  I'm going to enjoy every last scrap of summer I can get between now and then.  LOL!  Have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by to visit.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

18 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh your sampler is so very pretty.
Wow! Good for you. I remember when Peggy posted that strawberry. :D

carol fun said...

That sampler is gorgeous! And who could resist that strawberry? So cute! Have a great weekend!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Oh I lover that sampler! Pretty strawberry!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Oh I lover that sampler! Pretty strawberry!

Stasi said...

Looking wonderful--I love the squirrels!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Speak to the Earth is looking lovely, I like the squirrels too!

Lovely strawberry gift.

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, Lisa! Your 'Speak to the Earth' piece looks super. I like the squirrels in the border. What a thoughtful gift to receive from Peggy Lee. Enjoy your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

woolwoman said...

such great progress on your sampler - YGG ! Love your strawberry gift - how nice to get a surprise in the mail! I'm ready for summer to be over but I'm sure we have at least 2 more full months of relentless heat and humidity and we've had above normal temps for weeks now. Just tired of it ......... Enjoy your weekend and the dog days of summer - Mel

Marilyn said...

Oh, great progress.
That Strawberry is so cute.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Lisa, I'm so enjoying your progress on Speak to the Earth. Keep going, it's going to be a real treasure!












Margaret said...

OMG! I love your Speak to the Earth! I so have to stitch this someday! I have to remember if I bought it yet or not. lol! How bad is that? Love the strawberry that your friend sent you -- how wonderful!

Marsha said...

I just finished the strawberry band and decided it's really really nice too, then I decide to read your update, and what do you know, you love it too. Something about it! Love the big strawberry too!

Chris said...

Beautiful progress! This is such a gorgeous sampler.
That strawberry is wonderful.
I can't believe it is August?!?

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your Speak to the Earth is beautiful--love the border

Maggee said...

Great progress on Speak to the Earth! It is going to be a good thing to be ahead, since it sounds like it will be more challenging next go round! Sweet strawberry from Peggy Lee! Hugs!

Peggy Lee said...

Your stitching is lovely as always, Lisa.
I'm so glad the strawberry has found a loving home. It was tucked in a box here. I'm sure it's pleased to finally see daylight!

~HUGS

Hazel said...

Beautiful sampler! Lovely gift as well. x

Annette-California said...

Beautiful progress! I love this sampler! What a sweet gift from Pam! I'm enjoying the summer too. love Annette