It's TUSAL Day!
(For those not familiar, click on the word TUSAL above or the link to the right.)
It's hard to believe we are right smack dab in the middle of August already. Back to school in these parts is only a little more than a week away. Seriously, just where did the summer go?!
This past month has been odd for me stitching-wise. I feel like I haven't put needle to linen much. It's almost as though a slump is coming on or something. Not sure what is up with that. Here's a look at what I have been working on, although you'll find it isn't much. LOL!
This month's contributors were:
"Speak to the Earth" by Donna Kooler Designs (In Progress)
"Heaven Above" by Midsummer Night Designs (In Progress)
"Butterfly Needle Case & Fob" by JBW Designs (Needle case Done! Fob in Progress)
I know this won't come as any surprise to some of you but I just discovered Stoney Creek's online store. What led me there was a Google search to find the companion pre-finished needlework book that goes with the needle case I got in the Russellville Exchange last month.
My peep, Patti, had made the "Butterfly Needle Case & Fob" set for the exchange and I fell in love with it too. Stoney Creek had both of them! You know what happened next. Yep, stash enhancement! I had actually wanted the JBW "Antique Vases" set when it first came out but hesitated and then it was gone from the LNS. I imagined it was sold out everywhere until that Google search.
I need some advice on the fob portion of the "Butterfly"set. I've gone through some of my sampler charts and looked in my file of online freebies I've saved looking for inspiration. I'd like to put either a pretty "L" or my initials or something on the back. It just doesn't feel right to me to leave the reverse side of the fob naked. What do you all think would look nice? Can you point me in the direction of something pretty? I'll do a post when I get it all sorted and finish finished!
Thanks for stopping in for a quick visit today. I hope all is well with you. Tomorrow is an all day stitch with the Tiara Club. I'm hoping to be inspired by all the goodness the peeps will be working on when we see each other. It will be fun to get together and catch up too.
Happy World Cross Stitch Day everyone!
The Inspired Stitcher
9 comments:
Butterfly is so pretty.
An initial would be nice, do you have any books with alphabets in them?
Maybe scan through those until you find one you like.
Or maybe just the flower repeated on the back.......or both!
Have fun at Tiara Club!
Marilyn
So sweet! I agree. I do not leave the back of fobs naked either. I usually go for a V. Search for antique L's on http://patternmakercharts.blogspot.com/
Love that JBW fob! I like the idea of an initial. I bet you could find a nice one online. Good luck! Hope you have fun with your Tiara Club! (Glad you found Stoney Creek. I'm going to resist looking....)
I often fall back on the booklet A Monogram Album by Eileen Bennet. It has charts of intertwined monograms using your initials. Not sure if it's still available, but a nice reference book to have on hand.
What a beautiful fob, Lisa! I'm sure you'll find the perfect "something" for the back of it based on the other suggestions you've received :)
Hope you are enjoying a lovely mid-August weekend!
Lovely fob, Lisa! I think your initial or monogram would look nice. Maybe stitch it with your favorite/preferred alphabet. Have a fabulous time with your stitching group today and enjoy your weekend!
Robin in Virginia
I have saved all kinds of freebie alphabets... as you probably have... An initial would be nice. OR the flower... I am no help here!! But love the finished fob! Sweet colors!
Semi-slumps.. we all have them, but it seems like the mojo usually returns on its own after a rest.
Yes, I would go for an initial as most of the commenters suggested. And there are tons of alphabet x-stitch fonts around to pick from. I often make a fob with a regular quilted cotton backing so it doesn't seem like it's necessary to add something to the back.
You can't have a slump, you are the featured blogger for Cross Stitch Collection this month!
I would definitely add an initial to the reverse of the fob too.
Post a Comment