Thursday, August 20, 2015

Tiara Stitch-in

I thought I'd pop in today and share the wonderful show and tell we saw at the Tiara Club's stitch-in last Saturday.  I know I always enjoy seeing goodies when others post.  Let's have a peek!

One of the peeps just got back a huge bunch of finishing from the super talented Faye over at Carolina Stitcher!  You may even recognize some of these pieces from Faye's posts.  She does wonderful work if you aren't familiar. 

So much goodness to drool over!  I love how Faye perfectly matched the calico to the stitching in the BBD piece in the upper left corner.   Everything is so pretty.  It's hard to pick a favorite.  Which one do you like best?

This one is so pretty in person.  My picture definitely doesn't do it justice.  Love that border and kuddos for stitching that house.  Wow!  I get bored with houses.  It's just a me thing.

This is one of the guild's anniversary pieces that is not only finished but framed!  You go girl!  This stitcher really customized and personalized the design.  It's been interesting to see how everyone is making this design their own.  It is going to be so much fun to see them all together as a group! 

~*~*~*~

I ended up working on "Heaven Above" at the stitch-in.  I really didn't make enough progress to be all that noticeable.  I kinda did more laughing and socializing than stitching.  Ahem!  I am getting closer to finishing the first page of the chart so there's that.

I worked on it again this past Monday when my "quilting" group and I got together.  This group has been getting together once a month since 1986!  We don't always quilt but we do always get together.  LOL!

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures today.  Thanks for stopping in for a visit and welcome to anyone who is new to my corner of the blog-o-sphere!  Have a great rest of the week.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

marly said...

Great pieces. I love houses in samplers but they go on forever!!

Stasi said...

Lots of great eye candy!!!

Carol said...

So much inspiration in your photos, Lisa! Beautifully stitched and finished--each and every one :)

Marilyn said...

Those are some great finishes, and the Samplers are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

All I can say is wow! It would be hard to pick a favorite from the first two pictures, so I won't! The samplers look fabulous. Glad you were able to get together with your groups and get in a bit of stitching.

Robin in Virginia

Margaret said...

Love seeing all the beautiful work! So lovely and inspirational! Glad you had fun at your groups!

Maggee said...

Who can pick a favorite from such a gorgeous collection of finishes? The framed guild anniversary piece is so beautiful... love the quaker motifs on the edge, and the other borders... I AM a border person!! Thanks for sharing!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What an amazing collection of finishes. I think I love the little red stocking the most.
I'm not surprised you don't get much done while you are there, so much to see and drool over!

woolwoman said...

just catching up with blog reading after vacation - loved seeing the photos from the Tiara club gathering. always wonderful to see what your group is up to. yep - summer is waning and I am hoping we have an early fall down here in the deep south, or at least a reprieve from the oppressive heat and humidity. cheers Mel

Anonymous said...

I always adore to see your stitch in photos :) Faye outdid herself with her finishing for your friend! Stunning work as usual.
The house is a feat of gigantic proportions and I love that guild piece. You will have to have a future post showing us everyone's finishes and personal changes. LOVE it!