Progress as of 7-31-15
Progress as of 9-6-15
Here it is as of last week. I worked really hard to get this month's assignment done early as I knew I would be going out of town for our anniversary.
I'm really happy we've finally gotten to the section with the animals! That cow is just so cute. The snake was a bit tedious with all the color changes but it turned out really neat in the end. The day I worked on the words was a nice bright sunny one. I have to be in a special mood and in the right light to be able to do the over one on this high of count.
I decided to do the grass under the cow as far as I could get before I needed to change colors again. You can just see the outline of the cat's tail between the tree trunk and the cow's back hoof. Stay tuned, there will be lots more cute critters to come!
I'm contemplating posting about the trip. There wasn't much stitchy-wise on this one since it was hubby and I. I did manage to find a shop but I'd visited it before and that's why I wanted to go back. It's a good one. They were celebrating their 40th anniversary of business and marriage the same week we were there for ours. How fun!
Well, I know it's a quickie today. I hope all is well where you are. Thank you so much for sticking with me as my posts have unintentionally gotten fewer. Have a great weekend everyone!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
10 comments:
So very gorgeous! Great to see another post by you!
got a lot done since your last check in on this one. I imagine that cow was quite tedious but looks great ! I would like to hear about your anniversary trip and shop visit. Hope you have a wonderful weekend - Mel
Your Speak to the Earth WIP is looking fabulous, Lisa. Looking forward to seeing more of the critters. I think you should post about your anniversary trip and the shop you visited. Have an enjoyable weekend!
Robin in Virginia
I love Speak to the Earth. I haven't seen this one before. Very sweet.
Nice progress.
I'm sure that Cow took awhile to stitch,
This is going to be a masterpiece!
Have a great weekend.
Marilyn
Nice progress, love the cow
Happy stitching!
How cute is that cow! Lovely progress! Hope you have a FAB weekend.
Seems summer was super busy & HOT! Wonderful to see you post:)
love Annette
This is just so gorgeous! I love it so much! Glad you got a fun trip in. Hooray!
Oh, it's looking prettier each time you post it, Lisa!! I hope you will do a post on your trip--it sounds like you had a great time! Happy belated anniversary to you and your dear husband :)
That is going to be such a beautiful piece, hanging in your home! Great progress! Oh please do post about the trip... it's your blog, you can do whatever you want on it! Hugs!
Post a Comment