Friday, December 18, 2015

Catchin' up...

Good heavens, why is it so hard for me to post lately?!  I know part of the reason...life is getting in my way.  I won't bore you because you didn't come here to be bored. LOL! So I thought I'd update you on the holiday prep going on over here at the Inspired Stitcher's place...

 (Why yes, doesn't everyone keep the dog's crate next to the tree?!)

Tree

As you can see this year we are ahead of the game.  We actually have a tree BEFORE the week of Christmas and it's actually decorated!  Score! [Just had to throw a Shelby shot in there too.  She's being bribed to sit still.  It didn't last long...trust me!]

Funny story about the tree, we always support our local Lion's Club by getting our tree on their lot.  The night we got the tree (yes, we pick out trees in the dark sometimes) it looked so perfect on the lot.  Ahem, when we got it home and put it in the living room we discovered it is one short squaty tree.  I'm actually taller than this tree. Now those that know me know I'm a fairly tall drink of water but seriously this tree is a shorty!  Oh well, it's nice and full and it's up before the holiday.  Who am I to complain?  Ha!

Shopping

I spent last Saturday shopping for DH.  I did some online shopping over the Thanksgiving weekend so that was helpful.  [Note to self: do more online shopping next year.]  Interestingly enough, the crowds weren't as rude as year's past or maybe I was just in a better mood since I didn't HAVE to do all my shopping in one trip like last year.  Umm...yeah, not a good idea.  Just sayin'!

As for the fam, well, we are reaching for ideas this year.  I'm sure we'll figure something out and most likely that will be done all in one whack somewhere in the next couple days.  Not my ideal way to do it but hey, you do what you have to do sometimes.

Social Life

OMG!  This time of year is crazy with social things.  Not sayin' that's bad...but I tend to be a bit of a homebody so being out several times a week is quite a thing for me.  LOL!  I know, first world problems. Right?!

Cards

Okay, let's not get too ambitious here.  Martha Stewart doesn't live at my house and I don't have a personal assistant.  Nope, there will be no cards.  It is what it is.

Stitching

Which is what you came here to hear about anyway.  Yes, I've been doing some but I can't show you yet because the stitching I'm doing is for the peeps and I know they all read this here blog.

We won't be getting together until after the New Year this time around.  We couldn't coordinate a date in December this year.  It's just as well.  It gives my sorry self more time to stitch something.  I'll be sure to do a post after the par-tay!

I've also started thinking about my New Year's start and I'm thinking I'll do a Birthday start this year too.  I've got a couple things in mind for both.  I just need to do some stash diving to see what surfaces first.

Time off

I'm also treating myself to two whole weeks off the hamster wheel this year!  Can you hear the hallelujah chorus?!  I can!  So I am hopful that said stash diving will also result in a tidying fest in the junk man's dream of heaven that is my sewing room.  Said tidying fest is most likely going to take a good couple days if not more.  Seriously!  If you all came a knockin' I'd be so embarrased to let you see that room right now.  It's totally out of control!  Yikes!

~*~*~*~

So folks, there you are, a peek into my crazy little world right now.  I'm hopeful that regular blog posting will ensue in the new year.  2015 has kicked my tail!  I appreciate all the emails checking on me and cheering me on.  You all are awesome!  I'm hopeful we can get another visit in before 2016 rolls around...fingers crossed.


Hugs to all!

The Inspired Stitcher

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Take good care of yourself!
Shelby and the tree look great!

FLR said...

What a surprise! Finding Shelby in front of the tree, it suits her well!
She´s a lovely looking dalmatian lady and I guess as happy and lively as our lady Ubu, who is turning 14,5 years next week.
Wish you and your family and Shelby a Merry Christmas from the Netherlands,
vrolijke groet
Francisca and Ubu

Cricket-bug Corner said...

The holidays are always crazy -no matter how much i think i have it together! Merry Christmas!

Andrea said...

Your tree looks beautiful, Shelby is modelling wonderfully well.
Wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas.

Marilyn said...

I like your short, chubby tree. :)
Shelby is too cute.
Did she get a treat for sitting and posing?
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
marilyn

Mii Stitch said...

Have a lovely Christmas!

Annette-California said...

Oh thank you making laugh! I needed this! You are so funny and honest!
LOL!!! Hope you get to enjoy your holidays and time off.
Merry Christmas love Annette

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful catch up post, Lisa! I love the picture of Shelby and your tree. Thanks for the chuckle about it being short and squaty! You could have been describing me! LOL I am glad you are taking the time off and I look forward to seeing what your future starts will be. Enjoy your weekend!

Margaret said...

I enjoyed your post! lol about the tree! It's funny too cause we always have the opposite problem. We think a tree isn't as tall as it is and then when we get it home, we're surprised by it's height. Well, your tree looks lovely, even if it is a shrimp. lol! Shelby looks lovely too! Loved reading all your status reports. I'm glad you are taking 2 weeks off. Hallelujah indeed! You deserve it -- I can tell you've been too busy recently! Enjoy the time off! Happy Christmas!

Chris said...

Woohoo 2 weeks off!
I hope that it goes by slowly and you have a wonderful peaceful holiday!

Mary said...

Lisa, it looks like you've got everything on your list checked off and are now ready for the fun to begin! Have a great holiday.

Maggee said...

Your tree is adorable!! I look at my artificial one (allergic to real trees) and see holes that I did not hide very well. Oh well... I'm over it quick enough... the boxes are put away, so it is DONE! Holes and all! I wonder what your Birthday project will be? I have been making a list of projects I want to do next year. Thinking I should do something every month, like an ornament or present... so it is not quite so bunched up in December. We shall see... I JUST finished the last present, and wrapping the last few... so I feel very relaxed and happy! Hope you will feel the same with your time off! Merry Christmas! Hugs!

Von said...

It is a busy time, that's for sure!!! Enjoy the holidays!

Carol said...

Yay for two weeks off, Lisa--you deserve it. I know how hard you work!! Lovely Christmas tree and Shelby is such a handsome pooch...

Wishing you every happiness at Christmas an on into the New Year. Enjoy your break :)

woolwoman said...

Merry Christmas Eve Lisa ! I hope you have a wonderful peaceful holiday and that you found all the gifts you needed to make it do-able for you and your family. Here's hoping you enjoy your vacation immensely and get some things done or do nothing at all - whatever strikes your fancy. cheers Mel

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great post! We usually put our tree on a box which I then decorate but this year it reaches the ceiling from the floor! I guess we have your height this year. Our's is behind a fence rather than next to a dog's bed.
Hopefully your festive season went well.
Looking forward to your blogging in the New Year