Design: Christmas Alphabet Book #64
Designer: Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 28ct. natural
Floss: Called for DMC
Started: 11/26/15
Finished: 12/28/15
Completed: 12/28/15
First, let's have a look at my last finishes of 2015. These are the ornaments I made for the peeps this year. I really had fun stitching each one of them. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the organza ribbon in the stash that matches the rust colored floss. I backed them with the same small gingham I used for the QCSG ornament seen here.
You might be wondering what's up with the empty square in the first picture. I had thought I'd stitch one for my tree but ran out of gumption. I did however kit it up when I was doing the finishing for the others so I have everything I need when I decide to stitch it.
This year we couldn't come up with a date in December for the peep party so we decided to do it on the 2nd which also happens to be the birthday of one of the peeps' too. It was an extra special get together! We also decided to do a lunch and everyone brought a part of the meal. This was our lovely table setting!
Here's a close up of our table favors. Loved how it looked like a Christmas pudding complete with a cherry! This was a Pinterest success I'm told. Too cute!
~*~*~*~
Here's where I'm going to group the gift pics a little differently. Some of these were my belated birthday gifts and some where Christmas. When I got them all out to photograph them for the post I noticed there were "themes" so I grouped them that way. I think we all had some similar ideas this year. You know you are a tight group when that happens. Here we go, in no particular order!
As you know, I love my Hello Kitty. This storage box is just so super cute. I'm going to have to decide what special things will live in it. Too stinkin' cute!
I'm showing this by itself close up because of the pin on the bow. It would have gotten lost in a bigger picture. It's so tiny and cute! I sure wish blogs had a smell button. This soap smells amazing!
Next up the edibles category! Yes, this is not everything. Some of it got eaten before I ever left the party. Check out that huge Lindt chocolate frog! Holy smokes that's a big one.
I just had to show you all a close up of the tea bag in case any of you would want to do this for a friend gift. I thought the saying was super cute. I know several of you are tea lovers too.
Next up is what I'm calling containers and bees. The pouch was handmade and I just love the fabric choice. Anything with an Eiffel tower on it is right up my alley. Love the stash jar. I've already got a plan for that. Then of course there are bees. I do love my bees!
I'm calling this group my notions group. The needle minder and fob came from the same person. I'm already using them. Love the pincushion and waxer too. The mandala bracelet could also be a fob. Cool!
Then there were charts and a couple kits. Oh. My. Goodness! Do my peeps know me well or what?! The very best part is I don't have any of these. The strawberry has a fun story behind it. My peep, Linda bought this when we went on our grand adventure last spring. She picked it up at Mary Koval's quilt shop. I was with her when she got it. Sneaky sneaky!
Last but absolutely not least are the ornaments! This acorn was tied onto one of my presents. You know I love my acorns too.
I wish you could hit that smell button on this one as well. I think it must be coffee dyed or something. It smells so good!
This one is super cute! I was asked which sled I wanted stitched for me and I said surprise me. Oh and what a pleasant surprise it was too.
This one was really popular at the last Tiara stitch-in. Several people had stitched it for show and tell. I was really drooling over them and now I'm lucky enough to have one of my very own. How cool!
~*~*~*~
Well folks, that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed seeing the goodies from the party. I continued my personal tradition of a birthday start and I had a New Year's Day start as well. I'll save them for another visit. This post has gotten pretty lengthy. Thanks for stopping by and I hope your 2016 is off to a great start!
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
17 comments:
Lisa,
That's a lot of goodies you got--what fun!
I was missing your posts and am glad all is okay and you're back!
Happy 2016!
Stasi
Just a ton of stitchy goodness! Keepsakes galore!
How very nice to be caught up with you Lisa. You are obviously well loved!
oh yes I did enjoy seeing the photos from the party. Enjoyed seeing the stitched items especially. Hope your 2016 is getting off to a great start. Enjoy ! Mel
Lots of great gifties. You have a wonderful group of friends!
What a gorgeous lot of goodies!
Great post, Lisa! Your ornaments for your peeps turned out super. Your gathering sounded like a good time was had by all. Thanks for the close-up on the tea bag! I was going to ask until I saw the picture. You received many fabulous things. Yes, your peeps know you well! Have a fabulous week!
What a lovely celebration with your friends! Fun stuff!
The PS ornies are my fave!
Happy 2016!
The Alphabet ornaments are a great idea.
You received some great goodies also.
Enjoy them!
Happy new year!
Marilyn
Great post! Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a good celebration.
Lots of lovely gifts.
Happy 2016!
The letter ornies are lovely and beautifully finished.
You received some great gifts too, I'm very impressed with how well your peeps know you!
Wonderful goodies... oh I love the sled ornament... gotta make some of those for next Christmas... here's wishing you a happy and healthy 2016! happy stitching!
What great gifts, Lisa--every "category" is wonderful! I especially love that gingerbread man and the reindeer ornament. Can you tell me what design that is?
Your PS ornaments are bound to be treasured! What a great gift for your friends...
Hope 2016 is off to a fabulous start for you :)
Love seeing your table set for the party! So pretty! Very lovely gifts you received and sweet ornaments you stitched for everyone. Wishing you all the best for 2016. love Annette
The table settings were beautiful! What fun to see your gifties! You received many beautiful gifts for Christmas and your Birthday! Thanks for sharing!
Lovely ornaments for everyone and you got some lovely things
Post a Comment