This was my progress on the first day!
Here it is shortly after midnight one New Year's Eve!
Design: Her Majesty - Pincushion
Designer: Blackbird Designs from the Honeybee Hill chart
Fabric: 32 ct. Hive by Fabric Flair
Floss: WDW & GAST as charted
Started: 12/29/15
Finished: 1/9/16
Completed: TBD
Here she is all done! I really loved stitching on that Hive fabric. It was gifted to me by my peep, Linda. I'm planning to finish it as a mini pillow.
Funny story about the fabric, I had to laugh at myself, when I was putting the first few stitches in the honeycombs on the left side I realized I had the fabric going the wrong direction. It is printed with the combs going vertically and I stitched it with them going horizontally.
Now I know that's getting picky and probably nobody would notice but me if I didn't say something. I had a really good laugh when I discovered it. The way I discovered it was that the top and bottom had more fabric than the sides. It was easy to see that since the design is a rectangle. Guess I was in a hurry to get started and didn't even notice. Oh well, I'm not taking it out and it doesn't bother me at all. It's just a funny thing to note here.
I found some fabric this past weekend that matches the flowers in the borders. Now I just need to have a finishing day to complete it. Maybe this weekend. We are forecasted to get snowed upon again. We've been spoiled up to this point.
It's a short and sweet one today. I hope you are all well and happily stitching on something. Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit with me.
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
19 comments:
Lisa, congratulations on your bee finish! I really like it on the honeycomb fabric. Stay warm and safe this weekend!
Very nice.
Love the Honeycomb fabric.
Marilyn
Love the bee and the honeycomb fabric....but you'd know that!!! I meant to get me some of that this past weekend and forgot--oh well--I'll remember next trip.
Keep warm!
Cute piece! And there is absolutely no reason to frog for that kind of mistake. I'm sure it will be the sweetest pincushion when it's complete. Good work for the New Year!
Cute bee! You're right... If you'd never said anything I wouldn't have noticed. But I think it makes a lovely contrast; and there's no rule that says everything has to line up in the same direction.
That is really neat Lisa!
What a great finish!
adorable - can't even tell the honeycomb direction thing. I like the way you did the year!
Love your finish Lisa ! I'm picky about the right and wrong side of fabric and someone I really respect in our EGA chapter said you should always stitch on the fabric with the selvage running up and down vertically (on your right or left). that is impossible to do in many cases but now I've started to stress about it especially if I don't have a piece with the selvage intact. A very prominent shop owner told her it didn't matter about the selvage but she would never buy that comment. Funny how we stitchers get hung up on stuff. Hope you have a great weekend - Mel
It's a really cute finish! No matter about the fabric direction... it works! Have never seen that honeycomb fabric before... it's cute!! We have had snow today! They said it would be just rain... yeah, right... Glad I am home and don't have to drive later... when it freezes... They don't do snow well in my neck of the woods! Hugs!
Congratulations on your first finish of 2016, Lisa! I have yet to accomplish that--things are moving very slowly this month for some reason!
I never would have known about the fabric if you hadn't pointed it out--that is one handsome bee :)
Good for you for not bothering about the direction of the fabric! It looks great!
Very cute finish. As long as there's enough of a margin to finish it who really cares about how it's oriented!
A sweet little honeybee finish!!
Love the finish! I definitely wouldn't have noticed anything about the fabric being the wrong way. Still hard for me to tell! Looks great!
Congratulations on your first finish of the new year! It's a real honey, no pun intended.
A wonderful finish. I have never seen that fabric before. I wouldn't of noticed it being the wrong way.
That honeycomb fabric is fabulous as is your finish!
Congratulations on your first happy dance of the year. Honestly no-one would know the fabric had a direction!
I've heard about Woolwoman's tip before and do try to orientate my fabric that way if possible, especially with linen. But I can't tell if it makes a difference or not!
Post a Comment