Friday, June 30, 2017

Catching up with finishes galore!

I can't believe it's been two months since we've had a visit!  We've got a lot of catching up to do.  I'll start with the cross stitch things first because I know that's the reason most of you visit.  I'll most likely do a separate post of the knitting finishes so the stitcher's don't have to be bored with my knitting natter.  So here we go!  I'll start with the oldest and work up to the most recent.

Design: Happy Hearts freebie
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Fabric:  32 ct. WDW Cocoa
Floss:  DMC as charted
Started:  2/12/17
Finished:  2/23/17
Completed:  3/31/17

You may have seen other versions of this finish floating around blogs and Flosstube.  I was fortunate enough to take a couple finishing classes with the Twisted Stitcher, Her Very Self back in the spring at a retreat in Indiana.  This was our class project.  I really love how it turned out and I am definitely going to do this finish again.  Vonna showed us how to make her lovely bows and the two color twisted cording is the bee's knees.   A fun nugget she shared with us was that she likes to make ornaments "palm sized" so they show up better on the tree.  I'd never thought about that but it does make sense.

Design:  The Flagmaker freebie
Designer:  Notforgotten Farm
Fabric: 32 ct. Vintage Cedar Plank
Floss:  DMC as charted
Started:  1/14/17
Finished:  2/11/17
Completed:  4/1/17

This was my second finishing class with Vonna that weekend.  You can't tell from the picture but it is a flat fold.  I'm sure you've seen this one on Flosstube too. The construction on this was super cool.  Ms.Vonna is a genius...but then again, you all know that by now!  I am now an official graduate of Vonna's Finishing School.  I even have a needle minder to prove it gifted to me by The Master!  LOL!  Vonna knows I'm just messing with her.  She and I spent a lot of time together that weekend and we had a ton of fun.  I'm looking forward to doing it again too.

Design:  Watermelon
Designer:  Charted by me, designer unknown
Fabric:  10 ct. Cream Tula
Floss:  DMC
Started:  6/6/16
Finished:  6/25/17
Completed:  TBD

If you've read my blog for any length of time you know this finish is a long time coming.  I had originally started this one 5/1/11 using Monk's cloth.  Yes, that was a really stupid idea and thus a redo was necessary.  You see, the Monk's cloth began shredding on me midway though.  I put it away for a long while and then it called to me again so I restarted it on the Tula.  Much. Better. Choice!

I charted this from a picture I took of a pillow a friend of mine had in her sun room.  She said it was a gift and didn't know if it was commercially made or not.  If anyone knows who the original designer is for this, please give me a shout. I plan to eventually make it into a pillow like the original.  Now if only I had a sun room!

Design:  Chocolate Box
Designer:  Little House Needleworks
Fabric:  32 ct. Touch of Pink
Floss:  As charted
Started:  1/1/17
Finished:  6/25/17
Completed:  TBD

Last but not least, my Chocolate Box!  As you can see this was my New Year's Day start this year.  I'm so in love with this one.  That pink fabric is just so me.  I love it so much.  I decided to veer off the beaten path with this one and added a little bling.  I couldn't resist adding white beads to the border and pink beads where the designer called for French knots.  I think it really adds some nice sparkle.  I plan to finish this as a cube.  I still need to find some "just right" fabric for the finish.

~*~*~*~

Even though I've been missing, I have been stitching (and knitting too).  I started "But First Tea" by Zindagi Designs on 4/16/17.  I'll show that one next time.  I'm making good progress on it.  I'm also tempted to start a couple other ones too.  Hmm...

So folks if you've made it this far, I'm so glad you are still here.  I'll pop back in when I have time or something to share.  I hope everyone has a great July 4th holiday.  I plan to enjoy my holiday away from the rat race, relax and stitch/knit all the things!  Hope you do too.

More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Fabulous finishes, Lisa! I love both of your finished finishes from your classes with Vonna. Well done! The watermelon makes me grin and I love the chocolate box. Enjoy your weekend!

Carol said...

Oh, your Vonna-inspired finishes are wonderful, Lisa! That must have been such a worthwhile retreat with classes taught by her :) And the little watermelon finish just screams summer--so cute, as is the chocolate box. The white beads add such a nice touch :)

Hope you are enjoying your summer and finding lots of stitching/knitting time! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Maggee said...

Hi there buddy!! So good to see a post from you! It is good to see you have been busy too! Good on you for getting to Vonna's classes! I use her videos to help with my finishing too... In fact, I learned about how she gets stuffed pillows so perfect, and on my next round of finishing SOON, I am going to put it to practice! All of your stitching is perfecto... as always. Substituting beads is my idea of smart! Have a good holiday weekend! Big Hugs!

Stasi said...

All your projects are wonderful. So cool you got to take a class with Vonna--she seems like such a nice person. Keep up the good work!

Karen said...

Lucky you to take a class from Vonna. Your finishes are beautiful.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Beautiful finishes.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What great finishes and how nice to take a class with Vonna too.
I really like the chocolate box design, a sweet stitch!

Unknown said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

More than 160 000 women and men are utilizing a easy and secret "liquid hack" to burn 1-2lbs each night in their sleep.

It is very easy and works on everybody.

Just follow these easy step:

1) Take a drinking glass and fill it up with water half glass

2) Now follow this proven HACK

you'll be 1-2lbs skinnier the next day!

Ahitra said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/

embroidery digitizing services in usa said...

beautiful designs looks amazing embroidery digitizing services in usa &%$