I'm most thrilled to have finished my very first pair of socks! I couldn't be more pleased! These are so squishy. Every single part of the construction of these was a learning experience with the exception of the ribbed cuffs and the knit stitch.
Next up, another pair of socks! Yes, I couldn't resist starting another pair. I actually started these just after I finished the first sock of the pair above. I call these my Candy Socks. They are knit with Regia Pairfect yarn. The yellow bit you see in the picture tells you where to start the next sock. It's brilliant! This one actually has the heel in it now but I haven't taken a proper picture of it. This heel uses a different technique than the first pair I knit. It's called the "Fish Lips Kiss" heel. I'll report back on the fit when they are done.
My next finish is a cowl knit with Fyberspates Cumulus yarn which is made from alpaca and silk. I'm calling this one my Cumulus Cowl. Let me tell you, this feels like a cloud. It's so light and fluffy. I know it looks like a giant tube top in the picture but trust me, it's a cowl. I wouldn't do that to the public. Nobody wants to see me in a tube top, lawd no!
The final thing is going to be a stuffed bee! I couldn't resist this one. It's also my first attempt at amigurumi and doing a couple different increases and decreases than the ones I leaned on the socks. I'm using those little Lion Brand Bon Bons you get at Joann's. The ones I chose are the cotton version. It's working up much easier than I'd anticipated. I need to knit the wings and antennae as well as embroider it's face. I think it's going to be really cute.
~*~*~*~
So there you have it folks, my knitting update. My needles have certainly been busy and I'm having an incredible amount of fun. I'm still making time for my cross stitch too but admittedly the knitting has taken the front seat right now. It's all good...right?!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you are all well.
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
11 comments:
Good to see your post, Lisa! Congratulations on your first sock pair finish! They turned out great. Your other projects look super as well. I can't wait to see your finished bee. Enjoy your day!
So fun to see your knitting, Lisa!! You are really progressing--I'm so impressed with your socks. The bee will be darling, too. Had to laugh about the tube-top comment--they should be banned in anyone over 15 I think!!
Hope you have a lovely Sunday--and HAPPY MAY!
All of your knitting projects look great, love the Bee.
I remember tube tops, some people shouldn't have worn them. ;)
We used to call them Band-Aids. LOL
Marilyn
Fantastic! You are being so adventurous and trying all sorts of knitting! Love it all! How did you like that Fyberspates Cumulus yarn? I have some and it seems so flouffy. lol!
Wow, you have really taken to the knitting! The socks look great and you know I can't wait to see the bee outcome.
You got it girl... you are a knitter!! Love the socks (of course I love the socks..LOL) and that bee is adorable. It is great that just knowing the basics of knitting can let you create so many items. I'll be interested in your opinion of the fish lips heel... Cathy G is quite fond of it but I still stick with the eye of partridge... and there are so many other heel ideas too. Plenty for everyone... happy knitting!
YGG - you are doing GREAT ! your first pair of socks are so impressive. I think you took to knitting like a champ - it always helps fuel the fire when you have a knack for it. Plus having a LYS for support is great too. Communing with other knitters and taking classes is just another way to get things fired up. I'm going to have to look back and see if it was Fyberspates Cumulus I bought in Ga. - I have several colorways of the Vivacious 4ply and love that one.
are you going to try Camp Loopy with the Loopy Ewe this summer? it would be nice to have you play with us - cheers Mel
I love the little bee. I made tons of crocheted animals - so fun! On my blog under finishes 12-15 is a zebra, a giraffe, a dead squirrel and roadkill possum - I ended up making a ton of those 4 because all the adults in my life wanted one - funny!!
I'm so impressed look at you finishing your first pair of knitted socks - their beautiful!!!
Lol tube top!!! Oh that brings back younger skinny hot summer day memories! But not now, the tube top would end up me as a cowl anyways- Lol!!! Love seeing your post!
love Annette
As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/
very happy to see your blog online embroidery digitizing @!!
Post a Comment