Monday, March 27, 2017

TUSAL - March

Well folks here we are again, it's time for the March TUSAL report.  If you are new here and unsure what that means, go here to see the definition of TUSAL.  I use this as an opportunity to keep track of my progress from month to month.  So what's been happening this past month?


This month's contributor was:

"Chocolate Box" by Little House Needleworks (In Progress)

Still in WIP stage:

"Letters from Mermaids - E" by Nora Corbett to be made into an "L" (Didn't work on it this month)
"Mermaid Scissor Fob freebie" by Cross Stitch Happy (Didn't work on it this month)

I really have no excuse for not getting the scissor fob done.  I guess I just wasn't feeling it or something.  I don't have any idea what's my deal is with the Nora mermaid either.  So....




Since I only worked on "Chocolate Box" this past month, I thought you might like to see a progress picture.  I'm planning to put some beads on this instead of knots and confetti stitches.  I think the bling will give it some pizazz.  I've got the cream colored beads I want to use for the outer border (yet to be stitched) and will look for some pink ones (for the tops of a couple chocolate pieces) at a new-to-me shop I'll visit the end of the week.  More on that next time.

~*~*~*~

So what has captured my attention if it isn't stitching?  Yep, you guessed it...knitting! I know this is a disappointment to the non-knitters in the crowd.  What can I say, I'm obsessed right now!  I've been learning so many new things, it's wonderful.  Anyone who knows me knows I have a thing for learning.  So I've really been having a lot of fun lately.

I finished my first sock ever!  I'm still in awe of that and I've started its mate.  I've also started another "pair," actually just one but it will be a pair eventually, using some interesting self-striping yarn.  I also started another cowl and some finger-less mitts.  Yes, my hands have been quite busy.

I need to get one of these finished because I'm not comfortable having this many things going at once.  Yes, that's the same way I feel about my stitching.  It's my own brand of crazy and I'm okay with it.  It works for me!

So, it's a short and sweet TUSAL this month.  I can hardly believe the end of March is here already.  I hope whatever you are working on you are enjoying.  I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to spend a few minutes with me here. Hope your week is good!

More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Chocolate box is looking great, it will be pretty with some bead bling.
(I'll take the one with the white squiggly on top. :)
I'm glad you are having fun with your knitting, they all sound like great projects.
I too, also have several projects going at once. :)
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Your "box of chocolates" looks yummy.....of course I can't say that without thinking of Forest Gump!
So happy you're enjoying your knitting; it's always good to expand our horizons!

Margaret said...

Love the box of chocolates! As for the knitting -- you are going strong! I find it interesting how many of us have gone from cross stitch to knitting. I've gone from one thing to another for a while now. (Add in quilting to the mix. lol!) Have fun!

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Lisa, I think most of us are happy to see you crafting whether it is cross stitch or knitting. Your box of chocolates is looking good and might I add, yummy. Enjoy your upcoming adventure!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

I can see the appeal of knitting - seems to go faster for sure!! chocolates are looking great - I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you are making!!

woolwoman said...

Lisa - I am so proud of you ! 1 sock done - the mate on the way! more knitted WIP's on the go - a girl of my own heart! I love the chocolate box. my dad stitched the Mermaid E for me along with the M and the L, they are with the finisher now to be made into a bolster pillow - the problem with the L is that it is bigger than the M and the E so that presented a problem. Hope you continue to enjoy your projects new and old. mel

deb said...

The box of chocolates looks great - what a cute design. And you may not think you have many orts, but it looks like a goodly pile to me!

And you finished the first sock - woohoo! Applauding you for mastering those double pointed needles! :)

Carol said...

Oh, that chocolate box is adorable, Lisa--and I think your idea of using beads as sprinkles, etc. is perfect :) What a cute way to enjoy chocolates without the calories.

I'm not a knitter, but always enjoy seeing what springs from knitters' needles! I'm so glad you are enjoying it!

Lenore Legnetti said...

Hi Lisa, I've been following your cross stitch work forever. Everything you make is just beautiful. I too have fallen down the knitting rabbit hole. It's wonderful to learn something new, isn't it. I do get frustrated occasionally since I'm not as proficient a knitter as I am a cross stitcher/needlepointer. But it is great to have some kind of project that you can just throw in you bag and do whenever! I've found that socks is that perfect thing. Kind regards, Lenore.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Chocolate Box is lovely, I do hope you finish it with the bling soon!

Ahitra said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/

Anonymous said...

wonderful designs very impressive online embroidery digitizing nice posts 8&