Design: Bee Happy
Designer: Homespun Elegance
Fabric: 28 ct. mystery blue
Floss: as charted
Started: 7/26/13
Finished: 8/3/13
Completed: TBD (to be decided)
I picked up this little cutie back in June at the annual Stitcher's Getaway in Russellville. It just so happened my dear friend Annette over at California Stitcher recently picked it up too. We struck upon an idea of doing a mini stitch-along just the two of us.
I still need to attach the butterfly charm and ornamentify it. I don't have any of the called for chenille to do the finishing so I'm percolating on what else I might do with it. We'll see...
Annette is such a sweetie, she waited for me to catch up with her since I've been working on my class piece. Thank you, Annette for a fun stitch along! It was so neat knowing you were stitching with me across the miles! Be sure to pop over to Annette's in the next day or so to see her finished piece too.
~*~*~*~
Speaking of my class piece, here's my second bit of progress! I finished my first cluster of acorns last week. The acorn caps are time consuming but they sure look great when they are done. The lower half of the acorn is worked using a brick stitch. It was a first for me and really like how it showcased the over dyed floss! It was a breeze to stitch too.
I'm enjoying this project and wish I could just stitch on this all day. Oh well, gotta work to pay for this
~*~*~*~
My final bit of progress is my August installment on the John Foster SAL. This month we were to stitch the birds on either side, the chimneys, the bees between the chimneys, and the roof. I finished up the roof and birds on Friday night at the LNS stitch-in.
I decided to work ahead a tiny bit since we will be adding the bricks to John's house the same month I'll be doing the finishing on the acorn piece. Plus, I can already foresee a busy fall in my world...gotta plan ahead dontcha know!
~*~*~*~
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
15 comments:
What super pieces you shared on your post! You are moving along quite well with John and I love the colors in your acorn project.
Robin in Virginia
Wow, all three pieces are wonderful! I'm so envious about your Jackie piece. It's gorgeous! I love it so far! And John Foster is just so beautiful! The colors are wonderful!
They all look amazing. I love the colours in the acorn project. Very soft and muted.
Great progress, I particularly like your class piece and how all the colours shift with the threads, it looks lovely!
Haven't had time to visit blogland lately Lisa but it looks like you've gotten tons done. I'm loving all your projects especially John Foster. Cheers Mel
Love your "Bee Happy" - best part was getting to stitch along with you (over the miles). WOW your class piece is gorgeous. Love the pretty leaves and acorns. Yes those special stitches sure do add texture and interest to your sampler - Beautiful.
And John Foster is Fantastic! Such lovely colors in your samplers.
Thank you again for all the fun. love Annette
love the bee happy and doesn't that cream chenille work round it ???
love those acorns :)
looking forward to the orniementifying hehehehh just love that word love mouse xxxxxx
Oh great, your stitching. I love the little HE finish, so beautiful.
ohhh...love all these pieces. I am envious of all your beautiful progress on these. I especially like the way the acorns are stitched. I will enjoy following your progress.
~hugs
Lovely stitching. I'm sure you will find the perfect finish for your HE piece.
I just love all of your stitching projects...they are so pretty. You do beautiful stitching.
I found your Blog and I am now a Follower of your Blog. I would like for you to be a follower of my Blog. Here is the link:
http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com
I love reading your Blog.
Happy Stitching!
Congratulations on finishing Bee Happy, it's lovely.
The acorns and John Foster are gorgeous, great progress
Oh very beautiful,
bisous from FRANCE
Hi Lisa,
As per your request : Union Jack pattern replicated from ebay pic. Easy does it !
I looked at the acorns close up to see the tops... great stitching! Love the bodies too... The whole piece is looking quite good, along with John Foster. Mine is not going to be touched for a while now, as I must make some smalls for a fall retreat! Hugs!
Post a Comment