Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Finally...finished acorns!

Well folks, I'm pleased to report that after a week's worth of diligent stitching I'm finally finished with the acorns!  Can I get a woo hoo from blogland?!  Yep, I heard you all!  I'm surprised I didn't wake you up with my squeal when I put in the last stitch Friday night.

Here it was a week ago!
 
Here it is this past weekend!
 
I can honestly say that I am super confident in the making of queen stitches now after the 42 acorn caps in this piece.  I really love how they all turned out.
 
I also love the leaves and acorn nuts too.  I think this piece would have gotten pretty boring to stitch if it hadn't been for the scrumptious floss colors Jackie chose.  I really enjoyed seeing the leaves and nuts change colors.
 
So now I wait until the finishing portion of the class begins.  Jackie is out of the country teaching right now.  We'll resume when she returns.  So stay tuned, there will be more to come!
 
 
Well dear friends, thanks for hanging with me on this one.  I'm sure these acorn posts weren't the most exciting things in the world but I'm glad I could at least see progress being made.  Now it's on to some other things that have been pulling at my attention.  Have a great day!
 
Until next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

15 comments:

marly said...

It looks perfect. I can imagine how beautiful those stitches are up close.

Shirlee said...

Very pretty : )

dixiesamplar said...

How lovely!! Great job!

Vickie said...

Good for you! They look great all together.

Nan said...

WooHOOOOOO! Did you hear me? :)
Can't wait to see the finishing.
Happy Stitching!

Judy said...

Very very nice...looking forward to the finish! Enjoy your week.

Judy heartland stitcher

Margaret said...

So pretty! I agree -- having beautiful colors helps with motivation so much! I bet you can't wait for the finishing class!

Annette-California said...

Congratulations on your finish. Very beautiful. Yes I too agree that stitching with pretty colors makes us want to work on our projects. I enjoyed seeing all your progress on this project and more yet to come...lol love Annette

Marilyn said...

Congrats on your finish.
The Acorns are awesome.
Can't wait to see this piece in finished form.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Beautiful. It is going to be wonderful finished up.

Annie said...

Lisa,
so so lovely!! I am doing the wave for you LOL!!
Such work-intense piece and I too love the pretty colours and the acorns and leaves. I am sure you will love to put this project together and see the final result later on.
Hugs in bunches!
Anette and Skruttan

Maggee said...

They are just gorgeous! You have done a wonderful job! Love it!

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous, congratulations on finishing the stitches

Andrea said...

A pretty finish.

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on getting the acorns finished! They look fabulous!

Robin in Virginia