Thursday, October 17, 2013

John Foster...DONE!

You may have seen my sneak peek in yesterday's post.  Folks, I'm pleased to say I have completed John Foster!  Now, I know I'm a month ahead of schedule but I couldn't help myself.  I present you with my completed John Foster!

Design:  John Foster 1885 Sampler
Designer:  Historic Stitches
Fabric:  40ct. Parchment
Floss:  My own NPI and Belle Soie conversion
Started:  1/1/13
Finished:  10/12/13


 Just for fun let's take a retrospective look at the birth of my version of this sampler.

January

 
February
 
March
 
April
 
May/June
(completed in May)
 
July
 
August
 
 September
 
 October and November
(completed in October)
 
I worked on the bricks a lot in the car on the way down to Alabama and in the hotels in the evenings.   Yes, 40ct. in the car...it confirms I'm crazy.  Seriously though, I actually completed October's installment at the Barber Festival while my honey perused the swap meet.  When we headed home I noticed I really didn't have that much more to do so I just finished it.  It was the perfect way to end a wonderful getaway.
 
I can't wait to see the others as they are finished! We've already had one person finish and I'm hopeful there will be more soon.  Now I need a visit with my framer.  Yay!
 
Special thanks goes to my dear friend, Ellen for inspiring this whole adventure and for her kind advice.  I really enjoyed my time spent with John this year.  Thanks for stopping by today and sharing my finish!  I'm so thrilled with it.
 
Until next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

19 comments:

Ranae said...

Wow, it is just beautiful
Good job!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I love it the colours really pop - beautiful work.

Melissa said...

Oh I love it! John is just beautiful! Would you mind sharing your conversion?

I actually started this this week but had to put it down. I had purchased a conversion from HDF and it's just too light for me. My brain is not in the mood to do the conversion so I have put it aside for now.

I loved seeing your monthly retrospective!

Annie said...

Ooh! Lovely!!
It is such beautiful sampler, the colours are so sweet and bright.
Congrats on another fantastic finish!
Hugs to you and Shelby from us:):)

marly said...

Beautiful! Forty count? In a moving car? You are a super stitcher!

Robin in Virginia said...

John turned out super gorgeous or should I say very handsome! So, what will take John's spot? Congratulations on your finish!

Robin in Virginia

Anonymous said...

40 ct. in the car...you ARE crazy :)
But crazy beautiful is the result! Good going you!

Vickie said...

Yay! I know what you mean. I have been trying to sew on the side to slow myself down on the SAL I am on. I am too far ahead of everyone else.

SandraRee said...

Your John Foster Sampler is gorgeous, no wonder you're thrilled with it. Now that's a "big" finish to me. Love the beach, looks like you had a good time.

Lisa V said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish. Cant wait to see it all framed up. Hugs

Margaret said...

So beautiful! I love it! 40ct in the car -- I'm impressed!

Carol said...

Wow--you should be so proud of yourself, Lisa! It looks amazing and I enjoyed seeing the photos of John's journey :)

Mary said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!
What a fun idea to look back at your monthly progress....it's a lot of work on 40 ct.
Good going for you if you can stitch in a moving car....and on 40 ct!

Your trip looks like it was a great time. No trip is complete without a stop at a LNS. What a sweet place!

Giovanna said...

Congratulations, what a great finish!

Karoline said...

John is stunning, congratulations

Annette-California said...

WOOHOOO!! Congrats! John Foster is stunning and Gorgeous! Great idea to show the photos of your progress while stitching him. And to think you stitched on 40ct in a moving car at times:) Just amazing.
love Annette

woolwoman said...

Congratulations on your finish ! John looks great and it was fun to see those monthly shots of your progress. You are one dedicated stitcher. I also enjoyed seeing your trip thru the southern states and seeing the shops I've never visited. We usually go north to the mountains on vacation ( never west into the panhandle) take care
Melody

Shirlee said...

John looks great my friend! I really enjoyed seeing your photos of it all coming together : )

Judy said...

Beautiful finish! I used to stitch in the car-never 40 ct! Now I need my magnifier light for almost everything. Gee, the eyes just aren't what they used to be..lol! Have a nice week.

Judy heartland stitcher