Progress as of 4/27/14
Progress as of 5/4/14
I had good intentions of posting as soon as I finished "U is for Unicorn" but well, that didn't happen. I think this one might be one of my favorites! Next up is "V is for Vulture" and there's a story with that one.
Just as a refresher, this is what the vulture block looks like on the chart picture. I know you are supposed to go by the chart most times but...
This is what it looked like when I did that. Hmm...I think there's a problem here. I don't know about you but the vultures in my area are not blue/gray and the one in the chart picture isn't either!
Now that's better! Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the color number for the blue/dark gray is 3843 and the chart symbol is one vertical line. The color number for the medium brown I used is 3834 and the chart symbol is two vertical lines. I can totally see how this could have happened. So if you ever plan to stitch this one, "heads up." You might like the blue/gray vulture...me, not so much.
Progress as of 5/18/14
Just for fun, I took this picture when I had to roll down more fabric for the last row. I can hardly believe I put all those stitches in this one. It's pretty amazing to think about all that tent stitch over one! Needless to say, I feel like I'm a tent stitch master now. LOL!
I appreciate you cheering me to the finish on this one. It's so very close now. I may have to focus just on this till for a while. I'm pretty motivated to finish it.
Thanks for stopping in today. Hope everyone has a good week. I'll try not to let so much time pass between visits.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
21 comments:
Wow, Lisa! We don't have blue gray vultures here either! Your piece is looking great and it won't be long now before you are finished.
Have a fabulous week!
Robin in Virginia
So beautiful! Looking forward to the final reveal along with you.
I so admire your tenacity with this one! It is going to be beautiful! I, like you, would be so tempted just to finish it. It is stunning!
Beautiful job...the end is so near. Will be looking forward to the finish.
Judy Heartland stitcher
Wow it's looking amazing and so nearly finished now!!
I was just thinking about you and wondering where you were, Lisa! I'm so glad to see this new post--just amazing how wonderful the whole thing looks. And that vulture looks much "prettier" (can vultures ever be pretty?!) in the shade that you used :) I'm cheering you on to the finish!
Simply gorgeous Lisa! I am blown away by this one -and yes I like the restitched vulture better, at least as much as one can like a vulture - LOL! Happy stitching-
Like magic! OH MY GOODNESS!
Beautiful beautiful beautiful Lisa!
I am so impressed with how much stitching you accomplished.
I'm so in love with the unicorn.
Good call on the vulture:) At least you noticed it.
WOW I love that you shared a photo of the whole sampler. It's gorgeous.
love Annette
You can do it!! How exciting to be that close!! Yay!! Go girl!
Your hornbook is so so amazing! I can't wait to see it all finished. You are so close! Beautiful!
I am not familiar with this design, it is wonderful!
Your work is beautiful. This would take me forever.
It's looking great.
Almost done.
You can do it!
I like your change on the Vulture better.
Have a great week and Holiday weekend!
Marilyn
This is such an ambitious, impressive piece Lisa - you're almost there! I think the vulture is very cool.
It's gorgeous my friend : )
Wow what a gorgeous piece. Isn't it fun when you haven't seen your stitching for a while and unroll it. You're almost there.
great job Lisa - YGG !!!!!!!!
Oh this is just so gorgeous! I love it. xx
So enjoying watching as you stitch along. The turkey is great. And the end is in sight!
Such an awesome project, and you're doing so well on it - I'm cheering along with the others :-)
It's looking stunning, not far to go now!
What a project! This is gorgeous and I have enjoyed watching your progress. Can't wait to see this one framed.
Post a Comment