Thursday, May 1, 2014

Snooty Parrots Progress

My time spent with the Snooty Parrots (who have yet to appear) has been interesting to say the least.  Let's have a look at where we stand as of this past weekend.  But first a refresher...

Progress as of 3/10/14
 
Progress as of 4/25/14
 
Friday night I decided I really needed to just sit down and finish up April's assignment on the Snooty Parrots SAL.  I put the last apple in just before bedtime.  Then I folded it up and set it down on the end table.

Half fixed 4/27/14

Saturday morning I got up and the light was still a bit low in the living room where my stitching nest is situated.  When I looked over at Snooty in that light, I couldn't see Adam and Eve!  All I could see was their hair and leaves.  Oh my!

You see, I had to substitute my fabric for something else since I couldn't find the called for fabric and that started the whole ball rolling.  Up until this point the colors have all shown up just fine.  I knew I'd have to sub the called for color for A & E since it blended in too much.  I thought I'd chosen one that would stand out okay.  Nope, not so much!

So some self imposed frogging ensued.  If you look at Adam, he's stitched in DMC 950.  See how he practically disappears!  So I tried DMC 3771 on Eve.  Wow, what a difference!  She's got a better tan than he does that's for sure.  I liked it much better.

Finally fixed 4/28/14

So here's the happy couple with matching tans and the restitched apples on the upper branches of the tree.  I knew I'd better get this sorted out right now since there is more of this color later on in the sampler.  I sure wouldn't want to have to frog it later.  It was bad enough having to do it this time.  Sometimes you just have to use some trial and error before you hit on the right thing.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.  The weekend is in sight now!  Woo Hoo!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I always enjoy your visits.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

P.S.  Jour de mai heureux! (Happy May Day!)

13 comments:

Carol said...

Snooty Parrots is looking great, Lisa! And I'm sure glad you were able to fix the skin color without too much of a problem. It does show up much better...

Happy May to you!

Annette-California said...

How pretty Snooty Parrots is. Great call on changing skin color. Much better! Very lovely stitching. love Annette

Stasi said...

Lisa, Looks great! Always a challenge to reverse stitch but you certainly want to see the "peeps"! Good call!

Beth said...

Worth the frogging. The couple pops out of the fabric much more clearly now.

Vickie said...

I agree with everyone else and you! Good job.

Margaret said...

Looks wonderful! Good going on the color change too.

Melissa said...

It's looking great!

Ellen said...

It looks great, Lisa! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person at the guild meeting on Saturday.

I just got Adam and Eve and the tree in on mine, but I need to add the leaves and the apps.

Marilyn said...

It's looking great Lisa.
Adam does look much better with a tan. ;)
Marilyn

LaNelle said...

Looking wonderful! Just a beautiful stitch......that darn frog but as you said better now than later. Hopefully he won't be visiting again....

Mary said...

The new Adam and Eve look like they've been to the beach! Very nice.

Andrea said...

Snooty Parrots looks great. It's good to see some colour in their cheeks!

woolwoman said...

Your Snooty is looking great Lisa. Fun to see your piece with Ellen and the other Queen member on FB. I'm sorry to hear A&E had to get a makeover but you are still caught up and current YGG ! Enjoy Mel