Wednesday, May 28, 2014

TUSAL - MAY

It's TUSAL Day!


(For those not familiar, click on the word TUSAL above or the link to the right.)
 
 
It's TUSAL time again and summer has finally hit my neck of the woods.  We got up to 87 degrees yesterday and I passed a clock that said it was 92!  I know this is nothing compared to what some are experiencing though.  Mind you, I'm not complaining, just making an observation.  After the horrid winter we had I never thought it would ever get warm or hot again!  Ha!
 
Here's a look at this month's ORT pile.  It's not very big this month but not for a lack of stitching.  I've actually been stitching down to the nub so as not to waste floss on the Hornbook project.  I've got a plan and need every little bit.  Stay tuned!
 
The biscornu in the picture is one I made over Christmas break 2009 and finished it on New Year's Day 2010.  It's a freebie by Casey Buonaugurio called "Frog Biscornu."  It makes me smile every time I see it.
 
 
Here's a look at this month's contributors:
 

Gift stitching x2 to be revealed soon (Done)
"U is for Unicorn" on the Hornbook Bestiary (Done)
"V is for Vulture" on the Hornbook Bestiary (Done)
Row #6 boxes on the Hornbook Bestiary (Done)
"W is for Whale" on the Hornbook Bestiary (In Progress)
Snooty Parrots by Barbara Ana Designs ( In Progress)
"Quaker Faith" by Little by Little Designs (In Progress)
 
 
As you can tell from the list, I've devoted most of my stitching time this month to the Hornbook with the tiny exception of some gift stitching.  This gift stitching is actually a friendship round robin that was started back in February.  I'm hoping to get mine back any day now!  I won't be able to share it for a little while yet but I promise I'll show you as soon as I'm able.  It's going to be so cool to see all of these together!
 
Hopefully next time we visit I'll be able to mark the Hornbook off the list as done.  We'll see how that shakes out.  Thanks for stopping by today!  Happy Wednesday everyone.
 
 
More next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice pile of orts, Lisa! I am looking forward to seeing your latest progress on the Hornbook sampler.

Hope your week is going well!

Robin in Virginia

Maggee said...

That's a good sized list of accomplishments in stitching! The frog biscornu is cute and made me smile too!

Annette-California said...

Wow lots of great stitching you managed. Darling biscornu and I did smile too:)) love Annette

woolwoman said...

Hope you do get your hornbook completed - it sure is looking pretty. Yes summer has come to NE FL too. I'm never glad to see the 6 mos of relentless heat and humidity come around again. We just pray for a no storm year since Sunday starts hurricane season. Take care Mel

krayolakris said...

LOVEthe Froggie Biscornu!! Thanks for sharing!!

Margaret said...

The frog biscornu is the best!

Judy said...

The frog biscornu made me smile also...too cute! You have been on a mission with the horbook, and oh how sweet it is! Now I can look forward to your round robin piece. Since May is about to close, happy June!

Judy Heartland stitcher

Marilyn said...

Can't wait to see what you have planned. :)
Froggie is too cute.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Love your frog biscornu finish, the beading around the edge is very lovely.
This weather is pretty crazy still. I ran into some on Wednesday.
Have a great week!