Progress as of 5/18/14
Progress as of 5/30/14
Now we have "W is for Whale" and one stitch into "Y is for Yellow Jacket." I finished this one up Friday night while stitching with the peeps and immediately started the next block. As of last night, I'm about half way done with the next block too. I'm working on the fill.
I have to say this is the oddest looking whale I've ever seen. We decided he looks like a young Mick Jagger. I see the resemblance, don't you?! So we've decided the whale's name is Mick. We also decided there needs to be a new menu item at McDonalds too...McLips. I can see it now, a little carton of deep friend fish lips. Too funny!
Okay, enough of my silliness! That's all I've got today. I had to pop in for a quick update. I hope everyone has a good week.
More of my nuttiness later,
The Inspired Stitcher
17 comments:
Yep, definitely a ringer for young Mick, well spotted! It's so exciting to see you reaching the end of this beautiful project.
ROTFL! I love it! I have to say I do see the resemblance. lol! You are doing so great with this piece! Loving it!
LOL
Won't be long now, will it?
Oh Lisa, you have me giggling with the comparison of your whale to a young Mick J. Maybe your whale is a Walleye!
Enjoy your day!
Robin in Virginia
;) hahaha!
LOL you crack me up!!! I had to think...maybe the stitcher who first came up with this design never saw a real whale! Only 3 blocks to go.
love Annette
Hard to see a whale in it, but easy to see the resmenblance to MIck! You'll be done in no time.
Great comparison!
Almost done. :)
It looks great.
Marilyn
You made me chuckle! I think the whale's lips (who knew whales even had lips?!?) look very much like Sir Mick's.
Whales don't really have those lips, but the kid DOES resemble Mick Jagger for sure! Three to go! Yahoo!
Oh, that is too funny!! I definitely see the resemblance with those full Mick lips!! Lovely progress, Lisa--I'm so excited that you're nearing the finish line :)
Ha..the whale is a perfect match to Jagger! The finish is so near! Great job! Um, McLips..well maybe it would work. They should use a copy of your whale on the carton.
Judy Heartland stticher
I can definitely see the resemblance! Your whale is looking great
Brilliant - keep going!!!
That's so funny! Mick the Whale, what a lovely thing to think about as you stitched him.
ps if Yellow Jacket is next, what happened to X?
See, I'm paying attention!
Your stitching looks great. It's really hard to tell which is the whale and which is Mick Jagger!
Post a Comment