Monday, June 23, 2014

Back to the Parrots

First, I'd like to thank everyone again for all your kind comments and emails.  It's been so much fun celebrating the Hornbook finish with you all.  I appreciate each and every kindness!

I decided I should probably pick up the Parrots and see how far I could get with them this weekend.  I even took them on a mini road trip with my honey on Saturday.  Stitching on 40ct. while bumping along the interstate can be a challenge at times but I did manage to accomplish some stitching!

Progress as of 6/22/14


Our last visit on 4/28/14

As you can tell from the two pictures, I have made some progress.  I got the basket done in the car and the rest of it was my Sunday stitch while listening to the TV.  Hopefully it won't take me too much to get myself caught up again.

Sea Spray vs. Tropical Ocean

I did decide to change another color on this one.  The Sea Spray (on the left) just wasn't showing up so I went with Tropical Ocean (on the right) instead.  I really think it shows up much better!  Now I have to go back and frog the left side where this color first showed up.  It's not much and I know I'll be happier when I do.

Well, this one is short, sweet, and uneventful.  It feels good to be moving this one along again.  I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Thanks for stopping by today!

More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

16 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Super progress on the parrots, Lisa! I like the Tropical Ocean you used on the right. Enjoy your week!

Robin in Virginia

Ranae said...

Looking great!!
I need to get back to mine too
Happy stitching!

Stasi said...

Not sure how you can stitch o 40 count in the car--you must still have "young" eyes! :)

Vickie said...

This is great!Keep on goin'. =)

Margaret said...

Looks great so far! Is it GAST?? I do want to stitch this someday. I guess I just have to follow your footsteps again. lol!

Marilyn said...

Snooty Parrots is looking great, love the colors.
Marilyn

Judy said...

This one is going to be a beauty too! 40 count in the car...impressive.

Chris said...

So nice to see progress on this one again! It is looking great. I couldn't stitch in 40 ct in the car!

Melissa said...

So cute! I love all the pinks and greens - my favourite combination!

Beth said...

Stitching on 40 count in a moving vehicle! Wow! You are a Gold Medal Stitcher for sure!

Shirlee said...

Lovely progress : )

Maggee said...

ANY progress is good! And, to me, it seems like I stitch slower on 40-count. Though it could just be cause it is a new count for me! Hugs!

Carol said...

I'm so impressed with all the progress you've made, Lisa, while managing to finish your masterpiece :) This is looking wonderful, too, and looks like a most enjoyable piece to stitch!

Annette-California said...

Lovely progress and I like your change to topical. You stitched in the moving car on 40ct linen? I just tried to stitch on 16ct adia (LOL) and my needle was jumping all around except not where I wanted it to go. Luckily a few bumps on the road did get the needle in the correct hole...but 40 ct??? You amaze me!!!
love Annette

pj said...

Lisa,
I am loving this one too and you are making great progress. I hope you are loving the colors!

40 ct. Can be a challenge but not in a car too. Wow! You rock!

Happy needlin.

Andrea said...

Wonderful progress. Have a good weekend.