Friday, June 27, 2014

TUSAL - June

It's TUSAL Day!

(For those not familiar, click on the word TUSAL above or the link to the right.)


Well folks here we are again at TUSAL day. It's been quite a month since our last check-in. Summer is in full swing and we are barreling toward the July 4th holiday one week from today. Just how did June slip by so quickly?! I always feel like after the 4th it's all downhill from there. Let's have a look at the ORTs for this month.

 
This month's ORT pile isn't all that big because I stitched most of the threads to the absolute nub fearing I would run out of floss on the Hornbook project.  Thankfully I had more than enough.  Whew!  That's my traveling ORT container laying on the project bag that contains the Parrots.  I bring it to work with me every day.  Gotta get in a tiny bit of progress when I can!
 
This month's contributors to the pile were:
 
"W is for Whale" on the Hornbook Bestiary (Done)
"Y is for Yellow Jacket" on the Hornbook Bestiary (Done)
"Z is for Zebra" on the Hornbook Bestiary (Done)
The verse block on the Hornbook Bestiary (Done)
My signature line on the Hornbook Bestiary (Done/Finished)
Russellville exchange piece (Done)
Snooty Parrots by Barbara Ana Designs ( In Progress)
"Quaker Faith" by Little by Little Designs (In Progress)

 
As you can tell, the majority of the last month has been spent on nothing but the Hornbook.  I'm still so pleased to have it finally finished.  I've resumed my work on the Snooty Parrots and even poked a few stitches in on Quaker Faith.
 
I've got a retreat coming up next month and thankfully I have the exchange piece stitched.  Now to do the finishing.  It won't take too long.  I also need to work on the round robin project a tiny bit more too.  I want to put some kind of commemoration on it and need to settle on what that's going to be then get crackin' on it.
 
There's never an idle moment for me when it comes to stitching.  If I'm not actually engaged in stitching, I'm thinking about it.  I'm sure that's the way for a lot of you as well.  Tell me in the comments what you are thinking about starting soon.  I'd love to hear about it!
 
As always, I appreciate your visits on TUSAL day.  I know it's not my most exciting post of the month but it sure helps me stay on track and take stock of things.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend too.  I'm going to spend my Saturday at an all day stitch-in with the peeps.  I know that will be fun!
 
More next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely pile of ORTs! Hmmm...thinking about starting Hannah Haines or Beggars Fourth or more Christmas ornaments or another block to Frosty Forest or an exchange piece or...and the list goes on!

Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa!

Robin in Virginia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I agree, TUSAL is not always the most exciting post but I do like the way you include the list of which designs have contributed to the pile.

I always stitch "down to the nub" because when thread is 90p a skein I can't afford not to!

Margaret said...

Nice TUSAL post as always. Love that ORT container!

Annette-California said...

Loved your post and what a darling ort container too!
love Annette

Marilyn said...

You had a big finish this month.
Not sure what I want to start next,
Something Halloween is calling me. :)
I'm in the mood for Halloween stitching. lol
Marilyn

stitchersanon said...

I just found your blog which amazes me: how could it take me so long? lol. I love your thread catcher..I have made four sided ones but not three...so even if you think it isnt an exciting post, you are inspiring without even realising it lol

Maggee said...

Yup--that is a cute little travel ort container! I have a pattern saved somewhere on my computer! Up until last night around 11:30, I was working on a project that was a second attempt (the first fabric was awful) but after having to tear out numerous times on 40-count fabric, I have decided it is not for me! Contemplating doing a 'Shirlee' !! So, I think I will do some 'comfort' stitches today on a SAL! Hugs!