Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Speak to the Earth - March Progress

I slid in just under the wire this month on the Speak to the Earth SAL.  For some reason I procrastinated on the over one words.  They aren't that big a deal really.  I just have to be in the right frame of mind to work on them on this tiny count fabric.  So I buckled down and just got on with it already.  Enough of my yip yap, let's see the pictures!

Progress as of 2-15-15


Progress as of 3-31-15

I got on a roll on the right side with the green floss.  I don't know about you all, but I hate to cut a thread when there's a long bit of it still in the needle.  So I stitched it to the end!  I figure it's just time saved later when I get to that part.

I can truthfully echo the sentiments of the other peeps stitching this with me, this is one that is so hard to put down once you get going.  I really enjoy stitching it.  I like that the motifs are smallish and you can whip one out fairly quickly and the colors really sing to me too.  I find the colors make all the difference for me.  How about you all, what really draws you in and keeps your interest?  Let me know if you care to share.

~*~*~*~

Well friends, it's a quick one today.  I switched over to Heaven Above once I finished this month's SAL assignment.  I made some more progress but not enough to show yet.  I'm hoping to spend more time with that one this month.  It's another that's a joy to stitch.

Hope all is well in your world.  Thanks for stopping in to visit with me today!


More next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

18 comments:

Ellen said...

Looks wonderful, Lisa! Know you and your stitching buddies are having a great time with this one

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful Lisa! Have you picked where you are going to eat?!

woolwoman said...

Such a lovely design Lisa and I can really see progress from one photo to the next. I'm not fond of over one and these days I really try and avoid purchasing designs with over one but sometimes a sampler captivates me and I fold, thinking oh well I'll get it done eventually - the over one I mean. What factors hold my attention to a project - gees I don't know - I have stitcher ADD really bad - I have so many projects on the go and I am still buying more - it's really hard to be true to one project and keep with it. For me anyway - I wish this was some magic dust I could get from one of my stitching idols but I imagine it is just the difference in being dedicated and my not applying the same ethics. Take care and I hope you get lots of chocolate bunnies for Easter - Mel

carol fun said...

OH this one is lovely! I like the smile on the sun's face. I too procrastinate where over one is concerned. It is never my favorite part. Looking forward to seeing this one progress. Happy stitching-

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go, Lisa, on your progress with Speak to the Earth! Glad you are enjoying it!

Robin in Virginia

Marilyn said...

You've made great progress.
I like colors also, I get bored stitching a lot of just 1 color.
It's looking great.
Happy Easter!
Marilyn

Margaret said...

So so pretty! Yes, color makes all the difference for me too.

Marsha said...

Looks good. I need to get busy on mine. It's fun and easy to catch up, which is a good thing.

Annette-California said...

It's beautiful Lisa! I noticed that what keeps my interest is colors & theme designs for holidays. Love stitching period! Love seeing your pretty progress. love Annette

Mary said...

Love it so far! It's such a fun one to see come to life.

Vickie said...

L♥VE! It is just so wonderful!

Annie said...

Very pretty piece and does look like fun to stitch. I know what you mean about over-one.. I have to be in the mood for it too.

Lana said...

Great progress!! I love this design!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a lovely design. I really like the sun and moon at the top.
I love over one stitching and frequently stitch deigns over one when they are charted over two.
What keeps me going is much the same as you. I must finish that length of thread, and I love the mini finish of each piece.

Carol said...

Such a nice new sampler, Lisa! Good for you for tackling the over one. I don't mind it on 28 ct., but doing it on anything over 32 really makes me grumpy :)

I can't say that I have pieces that I just can't put down because I usually just stitch small things and work on only one project at a time. Glad you are enjoying this one so much.

Wishing you a joyful Easter weekend!

Sparky said...

such lovely choices you make, your stitching is perfection...makes my heart smile...
mdm samm

Maggee said...

Great progress! It looks delightful! What draws me these days is cheery things, inspirational things, and SMALL things! I will probably catch up on blogs tomorrow, then post about MY stitching finally! I do the same thing with the thread, if there is room to continue. Hate to cut it if it is not necessary! Hugs!

Hazel said...

This is a beautiful piece. Love it. x