Tuesday, May 19, 2015

TUSAL - May

It's TUSAL Day!
(For those not familiar, click on the word TUSAL above or the link to the right.)
 
Hello stitchy friends.  Here we are at TUSAL day again.  I know I'm a day late but I have a good excuse.  More on that later.  LOL!  It feels like we just did a check in the other day.  Then again, I'm still amazed we are nearing the end of May too.  This year is speeding by us.  My granny used to say the years fly by the older you get.  I used to think that was just old people talk but now I believe it!  Does that make me one of the old people?  Hmm...oh, never mind.
 
Okay, enough of the silliness.  Here's a look at the ORT pile for the month.  The box above was made by my peep, Linda and gifted to me when she was my Secret Stitcher in 2011.  It's one of my favorite things.
 
Here's the list of this month's contributors:

"Speak to the Earth" by Donna Kooler Designs (In Progress)
"Heaven Above" by Midsummer Night Designs (In Progress)
"Love My Stitching" by Hands on Designs (In Progress)

Yep, it's a pretty boring list...isn't it?  Nothing much new to report this month.  I've been plugging away on all three.  "Heaven Above" has the most noticeable progress but you saw that already in my last post.

"Speak to the Earth" is coming along.  I'm toying with the idea of changing the queen stitches on this month's assignment.  Mine just don't look that good.  I don't mind doing them but they just don't suit me on this one.  We'll see how that shakes out.  
 
"Love My Stitching" is getting ever closer to being finished.  I'm a little more than half way there.  I'm thinking I want to change one of the motifs to my initials.  I need to chart that out to see if it will fit.  I was also lucky enough to find the perfect dot fabric for the lining this past weekend.  Now I really want to speed this one along so I can do the finishing and actually use it!
 
You may be wondering where I found that fabric?  My peep, Linda and I took a road trip last weekend to Pennsylvania to the Penn Dry Goods Market.  I found the fabric at a quilt shop in Bedford on the way home.  I plan to do a full report once I sort out my pictures.
 
One of the many trip highlights was getting to meet Chris of Tot Hill Farm Stitches while I was at the market.  It was just so fun to actually meet one of my blog friends in person.  Chris is just as sweet in person as she is on her blog.  Waves to Chris!
 
Hope your week is off to a good start.  Thanks for stopping by today.


More soon,

The Inspired Stitcher

12 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the Shaker box that your friend stitched for you! I look forward to seeing progress pictures of your 3 pieces that contributed to your ORT pile, Lisa. Hmmm...I really need to look into the Penn Dry Goods Market as it sounds like a nice adventure.

Robin in Virginia

Anonymous said...

I just saw you on Chris's blog...I should have stalked you when you were in Bloomington :)

Vickie said...

Yes! I just met Chris up here in Wisconsin yesterday! She is such a kind person.

Stasi said...

Was it Bedford, PA you stopped in? If so, did you happen to go to the coverlet museum? They had some beautiful fabrics when I visited there a few years ago.

Margaret said...

I saw Chris' post about meeting you at Penn Dry Goods -- so cool!!!! Hooray for your TUSAL report! Time really does just fly by, doesn't it? I heard the saying of something like -- you know you're old when you are having breakfast every five minutes. lol! Well I know I'm getting old -- I feel like it was May five minutes ago and it's May again. :D

Irene said...

Che bella la scatola. É vero che gli anni volano, forse sì è un segno di anzianità, non mi sono neanche accorta di averne compiuti 40 che stanno arrivando i 41!

Angela said...

The box is lovely :)

Carol said...

What fun that you met Chris in person, Lisa! I look forward to your photos... (And yes, the years do speed by faster and faster as we get older--take it from little old me :)

woolwoman said...

Love your little box - what a nice gift! May is flying by. take care Mel

Bea said...

Beautiful box! Good looking ORT pile and all progress is good and gets you closer to a finish.

Annette-California said...

Love your beautiful box Lisa, lovely gift! I just saw you on Chris's blog too!!! WOW I am so happy that you both got to see each other. love Annette

Maggee said...

That is a really nice Shaker box! Good progress, as always. I just read about Chris on Vickie's blog... she is doing some traveling! Look forward to seeing the finishing on Love my Stitching. Hugs!