But that isn't the best part! Oh no, I actually completed it into it's bag form. Now I can use it!! More on that in a minute. First, I have to tell you how I solved my dilemma about the motif I mentioned on TUSAL day.
I wasn't wild about the motif between the words "sampler" and "motif" as it was charted. Something about it just didn't strike my fancy. I tried to chart my initials and even another spool of thread for that spot. As I was sitting there pondering what to do, I looked at my latest SANQ issue sitting beside me and noticed the motif between the arrows above. Jackpot! It fit perfectly. I ended up putting my initials on the lower right corner so they are still on it just not in a prominent spot as I'd first envisioned. That's the beauty of stitching, you can change anything you want because it's yours!
Design: Love My Stitching
Designer: Hands on Design
Fabric: 28 ct. white Monaco
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 4/6/15
Finished: 5/31/15
Completed: 6/3/15
Here's the finished bag! I really like these finishing fabrics. I still can't believe I got so lucky to find the actual fabric the designer used for the outside. In case you are interested, the outside fabric is by Riley Blake Designs' line called Polka Dot Stitches in the print called Polka Dot Doily Blue. I lined it in a polka dot print by Mary Koval from the line called Cat in the Manor that has an aqua and white dot on red. A perfect match!
The finished size of the bag ended up being 10.5" wide by 12.5" high. It's a little bit bigger than the ones I've made before. It is also padded on all sides and has a chart pocket inside that runs lengthwise across the back of the bag. The finishing instructions are by Sew Much 2 Luv and came with the chart which I thought was really nice. They were pretty easy to follow too.
I'd be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to Stasi from Bee Mused and Bee Stitching who inspired me to pull this chart out and actually stitch it! I saw hers a while back and just had to do it too. I also wanted to be able to take this with me to Russellville next month since I bought the chart there last year at retreat. I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy using this bag!
~*~*~*~
So there we are friends! Thanks for stopping in today and sharing my happy dance. As always, I appreciate your visits and kind words. It's so fun to share my stitching with you all.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:
What a cute and colourful finish! Isn't it funny how solutions come from the strangest places?
Great job! I'm sure you will enjoy using your new bag.
Really cute stitched piece and finishing! You did good!
Way to go, Lisa! I love your new project bag. Glad that you found a motif for that spot along with the fabric for the bag.
Enjoy your weekend!
Robin in Virginia
Love the finish! Love that you put a motif from the Vielanden sampler in too. Very nice!
What a cute bag and wonderful finish for your stitched piece!! I love it. Perfect fabric for it as well. Congratulations!
Congratulations on your finish. And well done for finding the perfect motif for the gap.
Your finish turned out so pretty, great job!
I also bought that issue of SANQ, there's some great motifs in that Quaker.
Marilyn
This pattern is awesome! Your finishing is awesome! It's just.... awesome! :D
Looks brilliant! I love it!
Well don on solving the motif problem. x
wow Lisa - what a super job you did on your Hands On Design bag. I got one of those lovely Sew Much2Luv project bags from a DF for my birthday and it is so nice. I think that is swell that the chart offered the bag instructions from someone who does such lovely work. Your bag is so cool, perfect prints too. I know you will enjoy using it ! have a great week Mel
What a wonderful new project bag.
What a perfect bag - I know you have to just love it! blessings, marlene
Thanks for the "shout out"! Happy I could help motivate you to the finish line! It turned out wonderfully!!! Now, off to check mine to see what the original motif was! :)
Post a Comment