Tuesday, June 16, 2015

TUSAL - June and some progress

It's TUSAL Day!
(For those not familiar, click on the word TUSAL above or the link to the right.)


Here we are on TUSAL day again.  Can you even believe we are half way through this year already?!  It is finally starting to feel like summer around here with all our notorious Midwestern humidity.  All you have to do is look at my wild mop of hair to know it's true.  LOL!  I didn't think it would ever get warm again.



Here's a look at this month's ORT pile and the ORT report below.  I see lots of blue in that pile up there from the project bag!  It was a good month.

Here are this month's contributors to the pile:

"Speak to the Earth" by Donna Kooler Designs (In Progress)
"Heaven Above" by Midsummer Night Designs (In Progress)
"Love My Stitching" by Hands on Designs (Done!)

Russellville getaway exchange piece (Done...to be revealed next month) 

Speaking of my new project bag, I'm so happy I actually got it finished this past month.  Oh yeah!  I've really been enjoying it and am really pleased with how it turned out. I can see myself using those finishing instructions again sometime! 

"Speak to the Earth" is progressing nicely as we saw in this post!  It's actually starting to look like something now that we are about half way into it.  I really love all the colors and soon I'll be stitching the animals on the bottom part.  I can hardly wait.

I decided to give "Heaven Above" some love this past week.  I hadn't worked on it much since my push to get the project bag done.  I'm going to devote more time to it this month now that I have some of the super secret gift stitching done.  I still have a tiny bit to do yet.  The Russellville getaway is coming up next month so I'd better get crackin'!

~*~*~*~
 
 Progress as of 5-5-15

Progress as of 6-15-15
 
Just for giggles, I thought I'd throw in a progress update on "Heaven Above" too.  As you can see I really didn't set the world on fire but each stitch is one more closer to done.  Now the bird has a body and I really like the new purple.  The heart was fun to do too as were the two flowers.  I'm almost done with the first page!
 
~*~*~*~

Well friends, we are caught up now.  Hope all is well in your world and you are enjoying the slower pace of summer.  Thank you for visiting with me today.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

12 comments:

Stasi said...

Every stitch is a step forward!!!

woolwoman said...

glad things are going your way and you are getting some summertime stitching in. Yes I figure any forward progress is better than none.
Cheers! Mel

Lana said...

Heaven above looks lovely! Every stitch counts!!

Maggee said...

What a lovely piece that is going to be! Yes, you better get cracking for the retreat! Love your reports! Hugs!

Miamina said...

Beautiful stitching!

marly said...

Even one stitch is progress! Looking very nice.

Margaret said...

It all looks great! Hope you get more stitching time!

Bea said...

That's a beautiful project and all progress is good.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely progress on your spot sampler. It makes a great accompanied piece to your ORTS collection.

Robin in Virginia said...

Fabulous progress, Lisa! Nice pile of ORTs as well!

Robin in Virginia

Chris said...

Gorgeous stitching Lisa!

Annette-California said...

Lovely stitching! I love your projects:)))
love Annette