Progress as of 3/31/15
I had started working on it at various points last month and got stumped by the queen stitch row. Now those that know me know I don't mind this stitch at all. It's not a nemesis to me like it is to some folks. In reflection, I think what had me stumped was two fold. I'm working on 40 ct. fabric and that makes these stitches super tiny plus, rather than have them touching like they typically are, these had two threads between them on the first row. The second row snugged into the gap. For some ridiculous reason I had a mental block on the placement. Once I got the first one in on both rows, I was off and running again!
Progress as of 6/7/15
As you can tell from the picture I got a bit carried away. I know I've said it before but this one is really hard to put down once I get started on it. I just had to see what that squirrel looked like once I got myself caught up on this month's assignment. Which, by the way, was to stitch from the middle of the "E" down to the "W" and across to the right.
I also decided to finish framing in the blue zig-zag inner border just so I would have something to count off of for future assignments. My peep, Marsha, gave me that idea. I think it's going to be really helpful too.
I feel like this sampler is starting to take shape now. Soon we will be stitching the animals at the bottom. I can hardly wait for that! I'm really enjoying this one. Now that I have a significant portion stitched I can tell my fabric choice is going to make this seem dainty when it's done. Cool!
~*~*~*~
Well folks, that's all I have for today. I hope you were able to put needle to linen this past weekend too. Thanks for stopping by for a visit and thank you for your sweet comments on my last post. You all just make my day!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
14 comments:
Wow, Lisa! It looks great and what progress you have made. I really like the colors you are using!
Robin in Virginia
Your stitching is lovely!!
You've done loads! I love the squirrel, and the swan, and, and everything! I can see why you didn't want to stop.
So pretty! You go girl!
Lisa, I'm just head over heels for this piece! Keep sharing your progress, I can tell already how addictive it must be. I'm looking forward to more.
WOW! You did get far on your progress. It's so beautiful Lisa! Thank you for sharing about stitching Queen's stitches on 40ct. I have one project that I didn't think about those specialty stitches on 40ct - YIKES! Not there yet. But if I get stuck - I know who to ask:)
love Annette
Speak to the Earth is looking great.
Great progress!
Marilyn
Gorgeous stitching! Specialty stitches on 40 ct would make me crazy! I never do the full border like that first since I inevitably get the count off somewhere. I like to do it as I fill in the inside. More successful for me. I'm never daring enough to just wander away to do a motif that isn't close to other stitching. You are brave!
Wow!! That is great progress!! I love the colors in this!!
You did a LOT more! It looks beautiful! You are going to really enjoy this one hanging in your home!
A lot accomplished--looking wonderful!
You have made wonderful progress. It is looking beautiful.
Your project is looking good!
You've made great progress! Well done!
Post a Comment