DH had a major health scare the end of September and it took the entire month of October to figure out what was up. Needless to say that level of stress is not conducive to any kind of creativity in my world. It's really hard to watch someone you love struggle and you can't fix it for them. Let alone be at the mercy of the insurance company, hospital and doctors. I won't even get on a rant about that...enough said.
The good news is he will be just fine. I'm not going into detail here about what happened for privacy reasons. I will say it wasn't at all what we'd feared and with some meds we can manage it. This is doable and we are blessed. I have to say going through something like this really sets your priorities in line. Thank you to those who sent up extra prayers for us. We can't even begin to express our appreciation.
~*~*~*~
So let's get on to some more cheery news. I was contacted back in April by a lovely lady named Judy for an interview about my blog. It was a Q & A type thing and she asked for a few pictures of some current stitching. I had actually forgotten about it when Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching emailed me to congratulate me for being published!
Here it is! I'm in the September 2015 issue. Unfortunately, since I'm so remiss in sharing this with everyone I doubt it's still on the news stands. Here in the states it may be since some places keep the UK magazines on the stand for a couple months at a time. However, not to worry! Cross Stitch Collection offers back issues on their website here.
Here's the actual article. I have to say it was kind of surreal seeing my face in a magazine along with my stitching. I chose to show the pieces that I'm most proud of accomplishing. You know I had to include the Hornbook. Snooty was a major accomplishment too. I put the needle book in because it was the most recent finish I had at the time of the interview. I also put in the bee locket. I see that picture all over Pinterest. I guess you all really really liked that one. Last but not least, I couldn't resist sharing the freebie from The Dandy Hare blog that I turned into a floss tag.
I was having trouble finding a copy of the magazine when it first came to my attention so Jo kindly offered to send me one. I asked her if there was anything she would like me to send her in trade and she requested the DMC Color Variations. We can get them individually here or in these nifty gift packs (pop over to Jo's to see them out of the package). I couldn't choose between these two so I just got them both. I also just had to make her a little something more to thank her for her kindness. I found this perfect frog fabric for a project pouch. I told those frogs to mind their manners when they got to Jo's house. I hope they are behaving.
When asked if I had anything to add to the article in the end, I just had to mention the community we have here in the blog-o-sphere. I am still amazed that folks other than the peeps and my local guild members would read my blog. You all are so sweet!
I feel like I have friends from all around the globe that I've "met" as a result of this blog. I've even been fortunate enough to actually meet some of you in person. It truly is a wonderful thing we have here. We support each other and enable each other!
Thank you to each and every one of you for being here and visiting with me. If I could give you all a hug I would! I'll try not to let too much time pass before our next visit. Be well and hug the ones you love.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
16 comments:
Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the scare but happy to hear there is a treatment.
I am so glad your husband will be alright Lisa.
Yay! So cool. I enjoyed reading your article. :)
Wow - very cool!!
So glad your husband will be well, I know it must have been scary. Congratulations on getting published, that is very exciting! Wonderful gifts!
I have that magazine at the mouse house ... it was funny seeing you.. I was going She's my friend at the shop ...lol
glad to hear that DH is going to be ok with a wee prescription or two ... I am sooo glad we don't have your system over here .
loved the wee giftie you made Jo too :) love mouse xxxxx
First, glad the situation with your hubby wasn't as serious as originally thought and he is doing well. Second, congrats on the article--how exciting!!! I'll have to see if I can track down an issue and then be able to tell people I "know " you! Welcome back and wishing you smooth sailing from here on in!
Stasi
Congratulations on being included in Cross Stitch Collection! Nice goodies you sent off to Jo! Glad to hear your husband's health scare wasn't what you originally thought and very happy to hear he will be fine.
Robin in Virginia
Lisa, such a wonderful post!! I do completely understand about the health scare with your husband. We had a similar fright a few years ago and I still get weak in the knees when I think about it! So glad to hear the news was good.
And congratulations on your publication! Now I cans say I know someone famous. Hopefully things will settle down now and with the holidays coming up fast, you'll find some time to appreciate the things that are most important.
I hope hubby's health scare is under control.
Congrats on being featured in the magazine.
You picked some awesome projects to include.
The froggie pouch is too cute.
Marilyn
So sorry to hear you and your hubby went through such a scare, but glad to hear it ended well.
Congrats on being featured in the mag! Such an honor:)
Thank goodness things are working out ok for your husband. That's major stress to go through!
Congrats on being a stitching super-star! You are an official celebrity now. Nice trade with Jo... you both helped each other out.
Wow! Look at you, all published!! That is a great article... I shall look for a copy at B&N... Your gifts to Jo were very nice and thoughtful, tho could you do anything else??! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!
I loved reading about you in the magazine, Lisa! I actually get this on my iPad through a program called Zinio through my library. You might want to check to see if your local library has this available. It is such a nice article and pretty picture or you :) Congratulations--and well deserved!
Hope your husband is recovering more and more each day--it is so stressful when our "better halves" are down for the count, isn't it?!
Congrats on being published in the magazine! How cool is that!? I'm glad things worked out ok for your husband's health concerns.
Wonderful news your DH will be alright. Congratulations being published in the magazine. How wonderful and love all the photos they shared of your gorgeous projects. I knew you always had the sparkle in you (like a star). Sweet RAC's between you and Jo.
love Annette
Glad your hubby's condition is under control, I hope he stays well.
The froggie bag is being well used, I'm keeping my Plum Street Sampler 12 Days in it at the moment.
Post a Comment