Sunday, July 17, 2016

Russellville Recap - part 3

Finally, an annual favorite and the grand finale of the weekend...the stitched gift exchange.  I've saved the best for last.  I know I've said it before, but we are a really talented group of stitchers.  Go grab a cuppa, there's lots to see and this is going to take a while!


Designer: Lynn B @ Happiness is Cross Stitching
Fabric: 28ct. Antique Ivory
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 5/28/16
Finished: 6/25/16
Completed: 7/4/16


This was my contribution to the exchange.  The minute I saw this one on Lynn B's blog, I knew it was what I wanted to stitch.  I did my finishing a bit differently than she showed.  I decided to try knotting the cording, fraying out the ends into a "faux" tassel, and attaching it on either side.  I like how it turned out!

Belinda's

Bobbie's (front view)

Bobbie's (back view)

Dee's

Diane's (outside view)

Diane's (inside view)

Evie's (front view)

Evie's (back view)

Judy's

Kathy's

Nancy's

Patti's

Sandy's

Sue's

Valerie's

The funny part of the exchange is that I got Valerie's gift and she got mine!  That happened for two other folks too.  Also, speaking of Valerie, she's our hand model in all the pictures except the first one, that's me.  Thanks, Val for helping me get pictures of all this good stuff.

~*~*~*~


That brings us back to the return trip on the ferry and back to reality.  Oh how I wish I could just stitch all day with the peeps like we did this past weekend.  I really needed this getaway in more ways than one.  I've also had another finish since returning home but I'm going to save it for it's own post.  I think you all will be pretty excited to see it.

More soon,

The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

Stasi said...

Fabulous gift exchange--lots of lucky ladies.
It is so revitalizing and motivating to spend time with other passionate stitchers! Glad you could!

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous exchange pieces you featured, Lisa! I love the one you received from Valerie. Would you happen to know the designer? Spending a weekend with like-minded people is so relaxing, inspiring and motivating. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Maggee said...

Oh, and just like that, it's over! Lots of really pretty gift stitches there! Glad you had a great time! Hugs!

Annie said...

Your piece is adorable. The hanger style was a good choice. And such a varied collection of fun pieces! Lots of different tastes in your group!

Marilyn said...

All cute finishes.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

They are all lovely! I knew the exchange was coming! :D I bet I know what you finished -- can't wait to see it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great post, so many lovely designs there. Lots of people seem to have chosen Summer themed pieces too.
Valerie can now add "Hand Model" to her CV, I'm sure she could get a lot of work from stitching people, she did such a good job for you!

Chris said...

What an amazing exchange! Such wonderful stitching and finishing!!

Carol said...

I'm sure your retreat was more than welcome this year, Lisa--good for both the heart and soul :) Your friends and you made such varied and lovely pieces! Hard to choose a favorite. Hope you can manage to get away again very soon!

Lynn said...

Love all of your finishes, everything looks so lovely. I am so glad you stitched my Summer design and I love the way you finished it!