As of 3/6/16
As of 5/12/16
Now the truth of the matter is that if I would just buckle down, I could realistically get this one done without too much trouble. Um...yeah, I have no excuses. Moving on...
~*~*~*~
As of 3/6/16
Design: Pomegranate Pincushion
Designer: Hands on Designs
Fabric: 30 ct. Aztec Red
Floss: As charted
Started: 1/1/16
Finished: 3/12/16
Completed: 3/26/16
Okay, this one I completely forgot I even finished it until I looked a couple posts back. I'm a shameful blogger in more ways than one. Ahem. Seriously, I really enjoyed this finish and it wasn't nearly as difficult as one might imagine it to be. I do have the linen and fabric to make the pocket...at some point.
~*~*~*~
Design: From "Tokens of Love: Quaker Pinballs" book
Designer: Erica Uten
Fabric: 40 ct. Linen linen
Floss: DMC 221
Started: 4/9/16
Finished: 4/30/16
Completed: 5/8/16
This one I made as a thank you for Mary Uhl Brooks who graciously shared the Quaker samplers with me at the Westtown School back in May. I'll have to write more about that trip later. Needless to say it was a morning I won't soon forget. If you find yourself near Westtown, make plans to see the needlework. You'll want to call in advance but it's very much worth it!
~*~*~*~
As of 6/26/16
This one I'm calling a "do-over." I'd started it originally who knows when, I'm thinking maybe 2011. I could be wrong.
All I know is the fabric I'd originally used was definitely not made for cross stitch and I don't know what I was thinking. I also don't know the designer on this or if there ever was one. You see, I saw this in a friends sun room and fell in love. She received it as a gift. We don't know if it was a commercially made pillow or if someone actually stitched it. All I knew was I loved it and charted it from the picture I took that day.
The original was done on large count fabric. I suspect from looking at my picture, it was Tula. That's what I'm using now. The peeps have given me such grief over this one since I usually like to work on 40 ct. and this is 10 ct. What can I say, I liked the chunky look of the original and that's how I wanted this one to look as well. I plan to finish it into a pillow too. It's going pretty fast.
~*~*~*~
I've also started and finished a couple other things but can't show them until after this weekend is over. I'm going to try to have a finishing day real soon so I can clear out some of the backed up stuff in the box o'shame. I'm sure you all have one of those too where finished stitching waits to be completed. LOL!
I hope you've enjoyed this quick little check-in. I really wanted to make sure I documented these things. I really didn't realize how much I relied on this blog to help me remember the things I've stitched. I've got some more catching up to do! If you've read this far, thanks for still being here after my long absence!
More later,
The Inspired Stitcher
9 comments:
Enjoyed viewing your pictures, Lisa! You have made good progress on Speak to the Earth. Thinking of you!
Speak to the Earth is looking great, almost done!
Your other projects are coming along nicely too.
Marilyn
glad to see your blog post Lisa ! Love your Speak to the Earth - a great design. I love your chunky watermelon, I like things done on that tula and primitive linen. It gives a folk art look that is easily achieved with that type of fabric. One of the neatest things I've ever seen in AoTH done on 20ct linen over 2 - it was blanket size but really smashing. Ive been on a tour in Westtown, amazing and made me a Quaker lover for life. Hope you are having a great summer so far. take care and come back again soon! Mel
Speak is fabulous! I love the pin cushion too. I can't wait to see the watermelon pilliw!
Glad to see your post. You are so close to finishing Speak to the Earth...keep on moving on and you'll get there!!!
Love the pomegranate piece, especially the red fabric. Take care and hope you're enjoying your summer!
LOl I was laughing at you forgetting you had finished the pomegranate pincushion... It's a challenge to remember - LOL!!!
Great you to see your wonderful beautiful stitching. Your ahead of me posting I know I'm overdue! Happy summer! love Annette
Congrats on finishing those finishes, especially the Pomegranate one. Mine hasn't progressed much...not enjoying the white stitching... Speak to the Earth is a beautiful piece, and you will be done in no time at all! Good to see a post from you! Hugs!
Love seeing what you've been working on! Especially the sampler -- oh that sampler! So gorgeous! I agree -- the blog is a great way to keep track of what you've finished or are working on, etc.
Speak to the Earth is gorgeous, I particularly like the sun and moon at the top.
I also love that Aztec Red fabric. I'm not such a fan of large count fabrics though.
I also rely on my blog to keep me on track!
Post a Comment