Design: Sew Advent 2013 SAL
Designer: iStitch Designs
Fabric: 40ct. Natural Brown
Floss: NPI 503, 644, & 991BB
Started: 12/9/13
Finished: 1/1/17
Completed: TBD
As you can tell from the start date, I didn't start this one on the first day of Advent back in 2013. I did make it to the 8th day on the chart before I bagged it and it became a UFO. I figured out why this one got bagged too. The fabric had some threads that were thin as your hair sitting right next to some fat ones, it was a challenge but I was not deterred! Nope! So I decided to buckle down and just get on with it already.
I was really close to getting it done before midnight but it didn't happen. I got tired so I decided to finish it first thing on New Year's Day. Glad to have it done! I checked the iStitch website and you can still get this one if you want it. So there you have it, my first finish of 2017!
~*~*~*~
So speaking of New Year's Day, as is the tradition with many stitchers I decided to have a new start. So what did I pick, you ask? Well, lets just say it picked me. I've had this one in the stash for years. Each year around Valentine's day I go rooting through the stash, pick this one up, and promptly get distracted by something else. Well, this year I ran across it again at the right time!
It is Little House Needleworks' "Chocolate Box!" Sorry for the glare in the picture. I've actually gotten that piece of chocolate done and started the one to the left of it. I saw this one finished when it first came out as a cube and couldn't shake if from my mind. I dearly love the pink fabric. I think it's going to be a fun stitch. I plan to finish it as a cube too. My buddy Maggee says cubes aren't hard and she would know! I'm fortunate enough to have one of her beautiful cubes.
~*~*~*~
So there you are a finish and a start for the New Year. I have a really optimistic feeling about this year. I can't put into words yet really why that is but I'm going with it. I'm planning to finish up some WIPs and I may even drag out a UFO or two before the year is over. We'll have to see how the spirit moves me.
Next time we visit I plan to show you some things I got for my birthday and my latest sewing projects! Yes, I went on a sewing spree like nobody's business last week. I turned my dining room into Santa's workshop. It was awesome!
I also took a knitting class as a birthday present to myself. I've been drooling over Margaret and Carol's knitting for a while now and decided I wanted to join in the fun too! Now don't get me wrong, those two are knitting rock stars and I'm just a groupie at this point. But hey, we all started somewhere, right?! So I may share a knitting finish now and then this year. Fingers crossed!
~*~*~*~
Well, folks I hope you are having a great week! The peeps and I are getting together to do the Peep's Christmas on Saturday. I have more to share but it will have to wait until after the party. Don't want to spoil the surprises dontcha know! Thanks for visiting today.
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
13 comments:
how awesome you are going to take a knitting class YGG - that is the first step to an exciting new addiction! I probably do more knitting than anything in reality because it's so much easier to see when I'm tired and to pick up and put down. Love your Box of Chocs - fun piece and I love the pink. I just started on NYE - the Snow Place like Home on PTP Crystal linen and boy is it beauteous. Have fun with your Christmas party upcoming. can't wait to see the goods and I know there will be "goodies" take care Mel
Good job - that's a lot of white! You're my hero lol! This will be a good year!!
A lovely finish and a fun new start - great way to begin the year!
The Advent piece is lovely. I just discovered iStitch recently; that's the designer for my tiny scissor fob piece.
Can't wait to see the chocolate piece "flowing"--hopefully it doesn't make you crave real chocolate....or maybe not!!!!
Have fun Saturday!!!
Very pretty finish.
And your New Year's start will be so cute on that pink fabric.
I wish you well with your knitting.
Marilyn
Oh what a pretty finish! Love the pink fabric for the box of chocolates. :)
A lovely finish. Your new Years start looks great on the pink fabric. Looking forward to your finish on that.
Your new start looks like it will be a fun one, Lisa! Each little chocolate will be like a mini finish :) And your first finish of the year is gorgeous!
I do hope 2017 is filled with lots of happy things for you :)
Very nice finish for 2017! The pink fabric will just look perfect with each of those pieces of chocolate on it! Best wishes for 2017.
Judy Heartland stitcher
Lisa, congratulations to you on getting your 2013 Sew Advent piece finished! It turned out great. How will you finish it? Nice start on your LHN chocolate box. What fabric are you using? Good for you on taking on learning to knit! I hope you have a fabulous gathering with your peeps and a great weekend.
Love the Sew Advent project... I didn't do that one. And I have torn out just about ALL of 2016's because of one little mistake... so lost interest quick! I am leaving it out, to haunt me into working on it again! Thanks for the shout-out, but I did not create the cube finish... I learned it from Vonna's blog (Twisted Stitcher)! She is one talented finisher...I have received MUCH inspiration from her! Just go to her finishing blog, where she has step-by-step instructions! Hugs!
I do love your first finish of 2017. It's so pretty! Great start too! I saw your sewing on instagram -- looking good! And your knitting too! I'm so excited for you -- you are a multi-craftual person for sure!
Such a pretty finish! And the chocolate piece is a great choice for New Year start. Have fun with all these new crafty projects and techniques!
Post a Comment