The benefits for me have been that I can keep myself accountable to the things I've got in progress and to remind myself to post pictures of the things I've finished. I can't tell you how many times I've referred back to previous TUSAL posts to see when I worked on something. So without further waffling, here's the report for January 2017!
This months contributors to the ORT pile were:
"I Sigh Not for Beauty" by C Street Samplerworkes (In Progress)
"Letters from Mermaids - E" by Nora Corbett to be made into an "L" (Didn't work on it this month)
"Mermaid Scissor Fob freebie" by Cross Stitch Happy (In Progress)
"Chocolate Box" by Little House Needleworks (In Progress)
"Flag Maker freebie" by Notforgotten Farm (In Progress)
"Watermelon" charted by me (Bagged until summer)
I feel like I've made some significant progress on "Beauty." I thought I was closer to finished last weekend until I realized there was the yard to put in. Drat! I need to work the bargello grass under the house and the satin stitch saw tooth border. Oh well, I'll keep plugging away.
I haven't really touched the others since the Louisville trip. I've mainly been concentrating on "Beauty." I've made it a personal goal this year to get this one done. Besides, I've already given it a 2017 date so this thing is getting done this year! I'm going to do this Christie! Keep cheering me on!
I also decided to bag the "Watermelon" for now. I'm just not feeling the watermelon vibe in January. It will be there waiting for me when I feel more like summer stitching. Are you a seasonal stitcher too?
~*~*~*~
I've also decided I'm going to include my knitting progress and finishes in my TUSAL reports too. I want to keep a record of them as well. So for the non-knitters in the crowd you can skip to the end at this point, it's okay I understand.
"Liberty Cowl" by Lambikins Hideaway (DONE!)
"Garter Stitch Dishcloth #3" by Interweave Press (DONE!)
Yep, I've finished two knitting projects this month. I'll do a separate post with the details.
~*~*~*~
In other news, the Tiara Club is getting together tomorrow for the first time this year. I'm planning to take "Beauty" with me and make some more progress. I'm also thinking I'll start a new knitting project this weekend too. I'm really enjoying the return of my creative mojo! Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are all well!
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
11 comments:
Well, Beauty *looks* like it's almost done. ;) I think you're absolutely right about TUSAL being a way to mark progress (and sometimes it gives me a needed kick in the pants)
(eep, TUSAL time - gotta go take pictures!)
I enjoyed your post and thoughts about "TUSAL-ing" in 2017. You have made fabulous progress on Beauty. Enjoy your Tiara gathering tomorrow. Thinking of you!
I Sigh is coming along nicely.
It looks great on that fabric.
You can finish this in no time! :)
Glad to see your Mojo came back, I think we all go through that once in awhile.
Have fun at the Tiara Club!
Marilyn
Glad your MOJO is back and in full swing!!!
"Beauty" is coming along very nicely! Can't wait to see a finish on it!! You're so close, you can do it!!! Glad to hear your Mojo has returned!
I'm excited that you have a priority to finish Beauty -- I just love that one! It's so so pretty! Hooray on your knitting too! You are doing great with your multi-craftualness!
Beauty is such a wonderful sampler! It will be wonderful for you to finish that one this year. Oddly enough, I'm very much not a seasonal stitcher.
Wow! What a beauty "Beauty" is, Lisa! I think I would have trouble putting that one down :) I can understand not wanting to be stitching a watermelon in winter! But, that being said--I do stitch Christmas all year long!
Hope you enjoy your Sunday!
I am definitely a seasonal stitcher - lots of fun but just don't get much done that way ! your I Sigh is beautiful - keep going - you are almost there. I'm glad you are really enjoying your knitting - you're in a great place to wear hand knits. have a great week ! Mel
I'm so pleased you are joining us this year!
Gosh yes, I am a seasonal stitcher! Is such a detriment to stitching...I never get inspired to stitch until the holiday/season/event is right upon me and then it's too freaking LATE! I think my favorite times were the two years I did Crabby All Year and Snapper Year. I was able to keep up with the small monthly stitches and they were just plain fun!
Your writing style is so engaging and easy to follow. Excellent post!
Post a Comment