Design: I Sigh Not for Beauty
Designer: C Street Samplers
Fabric: 32 ct. Dirty Linen
Floss: My own conversion of NPI and Hand Dyed Fibers
Started: 3/5/11
Finished: 2/5/17
Completed: To be framed at some point
The linen color isn't showing true to life in this picture since it was dark when I finished. I also didn't iron it either. So yes, that's a wrinkle you see there. It's straight off the q-snaps people! I was just so dang happy to get this done already that I simply couldn't be bothered.
Ever reach that point with a project where you just want it over already? Um...yeah, that would be me with this one. Don't get me wrong...I love the design, love the colors, love the fabric and floss but I was just over it. It had haunted me for way too long and it needed to be finished.
The bargello grass went really quickly once I got going and the satin stitch border...can we talk about that for a minute?! I clearly surprised myself with that one. I guess I haven't done a lot of satin stitch and had no idea how fast it would work up! I started the green at the guild stitch-in on Saturday and finished it up when I got home. Yesterday I was bound and determined to bust out the cream side and that's just what I did!
I can't even put into words just how happy I am to have this one done. Talk about shame stitching, this one has been shaming me for the last couple weeks. I mean look at those dates, one month shy of six years I've been futzing around with this. Oh puleeze! But thanks to the gentle nudging of my peep, Christie and the cheering of several of you...I've finally finished this!
Now I can honestly say that I only have a few WIPs going and some unfinished class pieces. I guess class pieces don't haunt me as much as WIPs do. I'm not sure why. I guess I look at class pieces as a learning experience. If I finish them at some point okay, but my main point was to learn something and I did that in the class.
As for WIPs, I've come to realize that I don't personally feel comfortable having at ton of WIPs going at once. For my own personal sanity I need to keep it minimal. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having a lot going on at once if that's your thing. It's just not mine.
I've also learned that I don't like having a lot of big projects going at once either. It just not in my comfort zone. Right now the WIPs I do have are what I would consider small or medium sized. That's not to say I won't ever do another big project, but maybe not right away.
So friends, that's a long winded reflection after a really big finish. I'm happy to have it done and am looking forward to sharing more finishes. I appreciate all your support and encouragement. What a nice way to start the week! I hope yours is off to a good start too.
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
16 comments:
Congrats, Lisa! I Sigh looks wonderful, and I hope to see it in person sometime soon.
I'm just the opposite from you in that I feel more guilty about class projects than WIPS because they usually cost much more.
Hope your week is off to a good start.
Wow... Now isn't that a beauty! Cong on your finish. I have a out 20 WIPS and it makes me so anxious. This is the year that I TRY to whittle then down. I want to get back to just having two or three. Again congratulations on a beautiful finish. Have a great day!
Gorgeous! I am with you. Do NOT like having more than two big projects going at one time.
Beautiful job Lisa!!! Sometimes a piece is worth the wait!
Hooray!!!!!!!!! It's so so gorgeous! Congratulations for getting it done, even when you were over it. I'm doing a happy dance for you!
She is beautiful!! Stunning good work :)
Woohoo - good for you!!! And it's absolutely beautiful!! Congrats on the finish, it's one to be quite proud of.
I thought I heard something. :o)
Congrats on your beautiful finish.
It's gorgeous.
We knew you could do it.
Marilyn
Lisa, congratulations on your finish! I know you are thrilled (and relieved) to have her finally put in the finished column. She is stunning. How is the knitting coming?
Congratulations on your beautiful finish! Isn't it a great feeling!
A stunning finish, congratulations.
I'm so proud of you, Lisa!! It looks fabulous and I know it will give you great joy and pride each time you look at it. Can't wait to see it all framed up! Doing the happy dance with you here in PA :)
Congrats on your amazing finish!
Wow! Yahoo! Congratulations! That is quite a piece to finish, and I am very glad you are happy and excited about it! It surely represents a LOT of time invested in it! Congrats again! Hugs!
Congratulations on your Happy Dance! Gorgeous sampler with some lovely stitching. I enjoy bargello myself.
This year I am trying to focus on larger projects with a view to finishing quite a few WIPS. We shall see!
nice quality work digitizing service !
Post a Comment