Monday, February 27, 2017

TUSAL - February

Well folks another month has flown past us!  I'm back for the February TUSAL report.  If you are new here and unsure what that means, go here to see the definition of TUSAL.  I use this as an opportunity to keep track of my progress from month to month.  So let's get on with it, shall we?


This month's contributors were:

"I Sigh Not for Beauty" by C Street Samplers (DONE!!)
"Watermelon" charted by me (Bagged until summer)
"Letters from Mermaids - E" by Nora Corbett to be made into an "L" (Didn't work on it this month)
"Mermaid Scissor Fob freebie" by Cross Stitch Happy (Didn't work on it this month)
"Chocolate Box" by Little House Needleworks (In Progress)
"Flag Maker freebie" by Notforgotten Farm (DONE!)
"Happy Hearts freebie" by Little House Needleworks (DONE!)

I'm really happy about having some finishes this past month.  I'm especially happy to have "Beauty" finally done.  It really is a pretty sampler and it seemed a shame to not finish her up.  I'm hoping to have a couple more finishes soon too.  I worked on "Chocolate Box" all weekend and am seeing some nice progress.  I just love the pink fabric I chose!  I'll have to do a progress post soon.

~*~*~*~

On the knitting front, I've had a couple starts and have made some really nice progress on them as well.  Here they are:

"Oats Cowl" by Tin Can Knits (In Progress)
"Adult Basic Sock" by Dierdre Wallace (In Progress)

I started knitting the "Oats Cowl" as my lunchtime knit.  I'm almost halfway done with it maybe more.  You know how Prairie Schooler patterns are comfort stitching, this one feels like a comfort knit.  It's a lot of straight knitting in the round with a bit of garter stitch thrown in for interest.  It's nice and squishy.

Can we just talk about the sock?  THE SOCK!!!  I cannot believe I am actually knitting a sock.  I owe much gratitude to Carol Fun, sock knitting extraordinaire, for her encouragement!  Girlfriend, you rock!  I am so in love with the yarn I picked too.  I'm doing this as a class at the LYS.  I can't wait for our next class session this Saturday.  We are going to work on turning the heel.  Can. Not. Wait!

~*~*~*~

I'm finding myself having to choose how I want to split my time now that I've become a knitter too.  It's a good problem to have.  You know why?  It means my creative mojo is in full force and flowing strong.  I haven't felt this creative in a very long time and I'm over the moon about it.

I hope you all are having fun with whatever you choose to do in your creative world.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I appreciate your visits.

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

9 comments:

Stasi said...

You go girl!!! Looking forward to seeing pics of your knitting projects. Yes, Carol is a sock knitter extraordinaire!

Robin in Virginia said...

Go Lisa! I am glad your creative juices are flowing once again. I look forward to seeing both of your knitting projects along with your stitching projects.

carol fun said...

You've had a very productive February!! I am tickled pink that you are so happy with knitting... socks are SO MUCH FUN!!! But then you knew I'd say that LOL...and you make me blush...sock knitter extraordinanire... I am so flattered... but really the beautiful yarn that is available these days does all the heavy lifting and that's what I love about it... pretty colors and patterns... ah be still my beating heart... have fun on Saturday...don't get stressed over the heel.. it is a bit different but you'll get the hang of it. hugs...carol fun

Marilyn said...

Can't wait to see the Chocolate Box.
I'm glad you found another craft that you like. :)
Marilyn

woolwoman said...

so nice to hear knitting is becoming part of your life. I'm glad you are finding "comfortable" projects for lunch knitting - that's the best! Congrats on the finishes for Feb. You had a great "finishing" month - YEAH YOU!! hope March is just a meaningful to you. Happy everything - Mel

deb said...

I'll give you another "woohoo!" for finishing I Sigh Not for Beauty cause it's such a beautiful sampler. More finishes this month as well - fantastic! Thanks for the link to that mermaid fob - that went right on my "to stitch" list.

You're knitting a sock? Brave you! I am capable only of straight things, like a scarf. :)

Margaret said...

Hooray for your creative mojo! That's so great! And you are doing much better than me in splitting your time. I seem to have abandoned stitching, which is sad. I do get the urge once in a while, but not enough to get back to it. Ah well. I'm very excited for you on the sock front. So cool! Lovely ORT report!

Ahitra said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/

Anonymous said...

awesome work embroidery digitizing services in usa great designs ^%^&%&^