So as promised for the knitters in the group, I'm back with my January knitting finishes. I got two projects finished! Let's have a look.
Design: "Liberty Cowl"
Designer: Nora, owner of Lambikin's Hideaway
Yarn: Classic Elite Liberty Wool in "Magic Carpet"
Needles: Knitter's Pride#7 (4.5mm) Nova Platina tips with a 24" cord
Started: 1/7/17
Finished: 1/18/17
This was a really fun knit. I especially liked the yarn I picked. I enjoyed seeing the colors change as I went along. I found myself wanting to knit "just one more row" to see how they would look together. This was my first time knitting in the round and I really liked it. I'm still puzzled how doing the knit stitch on circulars produces a stockinette but using straight needles you have to go every other row with the knit stitch to get stockinette. Newbie mysteries!
Design: "Garter Stitch Dishcloth" #3
Designer: Interweave Press
Yarn: Lily Sugar and Cream in Hot Green
Needles: Knitter's Pride#7 (4.5mm) Nova Platina tips with a 24" cord
Started: 1/18/17
Finished: 1/20/17
After finishing the cowl, I really wanted to start something new but since I don't have a stash, I was at a loss. I know Carol Fun is giggling right now. Yes, I'll probably end up with a yarn stash too at some point. It's pretty inevitable.
So anywho, I still had some of the cotton yarn that was gifted to me for my birthday so I cast on another dishcloth. I decided to try using the same needles as I used for the cowl. I'd seen folks on YouTube using circulars for straight knitting and I decided to try it for myself. I liked it!
This dishcloth went pretty fast. Now that I know what I'm doing with this pattern, it's almost like comfort knitting. I really like that garter stitch. I gifted this to the person who gave me the yarn. She was absolutely thrilled to receive it.
So yeah, I'm now hooked on knitting too. So much so that I've signed up for a sock knitting class that starts this month. Yep, I'm going to give it a go! Can. Not. Wait!
So there you are friends, my knitting update. It's so fun to learn something new and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. My funny DH says I'm "cheating" on my stitching peeps. I hope they don't feel that way. It's just something I've felt the pull to learn to do and life's short so you gotta roll with it!
Hope you are all well and doing what you love! Thanks for stopping by today.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:
Sounds like you are hooked, Lisa--and what a pretty pair of projects you have completed already! I, too, hope to learn to knit some day, but will probably wait until I retire :) Enjoy!!
Knitting didn't grab me - I tried!! Your work is lovely!!
Way to go on your project completions, Lisa! I like the way the yarn 'played' out in your cowl. I look forward to seeing and hearing about your sock class.
Fascinating that all knit in a circle makes stockinette! But wait - did you have one of those knobby knitter things when you were a kid? Mine was ancient - actually an old wooden spool with four nails in it - and that made a stockinette rope thing. Weird.
The cowl is lovely - great yarn!
I love seeing your progress and a yarn stash is only a few sales away...LOL!! Ever since I learned magic loop on one circular it has been my go to method... I LOVE circular needles. I know you'll have fun with the sock class...remember it gets easier... turning a heel feels strange the first couple of times but just follow the directions and it all turns out fine.... happy knitting!
Your knitting projects are pretty.
Congrats on your finishes.
Love the lime dishcloth.
Marilyn
Yay for knitting! Everything looks great! If you think about stockinette on circulars versus on straights, it will make sense why you don't have to purl on circulars. You're always knitting on the front of the fabric, whereas with straights you're knitting on the front, then on the back, etc. :D Anyway, looking good! You need a yarn stash. :D :D
Yeah, welcome to my world of three obsessions! Stitching, birding and genealogy! Your two projects look good... enjoy the cowl! Hugs!
dear Margaret gave a good explanation for why you can just go around and around on circs and always be knitting in stockinette. Your cowl looks great and yes hand dyed or variegated yarns are so fun to use. I sometimes feel addicted to them and that solids are B O R I N G ! but sometimes necessary. Not everything looks good in hand dyes and some things look awful and it detracts from the design. You're doing great and you took to knitting like a champ. Good luck with socks - I am too loose a knitter to be successful with socks. Wish I could but I've given up knitting socks. You'll know the knitting has won when you have to schedule time to stitch and the knitting is always your first choice to pick up. Have a great weekend - Mel
amazing embroidery digitizing services in usa &$
Post a Comment