February progress pic
Before I got sick I got caught up through the March assignment! I spent a marathon evening getting the top border stitched and then started on the blue flower spray below it.
March's progress
Since I was on a roll I just kept on with it and finished up April's assignment too!
April's assignment fini!!!!
So far the top border is my favorite part of the design. It is just so dainty and the colors are gorgeous! I'm so glad I chose to work this on 40 ct. as it really shows off the design's delicate shading so well and is such a joy to work on! I couldn't be happier with my choice!
Close-up of the "April corner"
Now that I'm completely across the top, I can tell you that it measures right close to 14 1/2 inches across. This size suits me perfectly too as I didn't want it to be huge and it isn't! It's just exactly what I wanted it to be!
Just for fun I thought you might like to see my floss box for this project. Yes, all 51 of those colors are in this design and there will most likely be more added as the project progresses! I'm fairly certain I'll need to buy more of the greens before I'm done even though I'm using just one thread over two.
Can I just say again that I really love this design?! I fell in love with it the minute I first saw it and I love it more and more as I work on it! I can't wait to stitch May's assignment!
***
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I really appreciate the time you take out of your day to visit with me and leave a comment. I hope you are having a good week so far!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
17 comments:
Very nice progress Lisa. It is a beautiful design with all the pretty colors:)
Your sampler is looking gorgeous. I started this SAL myself but only stitched part 1. I don't plan to keep up at this time. Too much going on now. But I love seeing your progress & love this design. Yes there are lots co threads for this project - great colors:)
This is a gorgeous piece! I have this in my plans to stitch as well. Is it a fairly easy pattern to stitch or is there a lot of color changing and confetti stitches?
I've never tried 40ct but maybe I'll give it a try. When you get chance, can you give us approximate dimensions?
Beautiful work thus far!
Brightest Blessings,
Beth B. at:
http://itchystitcher.blogspot.com/
Hi again!
Never mind my question on the dimensions. I noticed you had it in one of the lines under a pic. I must learn to pay attention! lol! 14 inches is a nice size!
Thanks!
Beth b.
So pretty - and congrats on keeping up with it :-)
I sure hope you're feeling better by now! Just read your last post and it sounds like you were really hit hard last week!!
You've really made wonderful progress on this piece--14 inches sure sounds big compared to what I normally stitch :)
Stay healthy now!!
Whoa!!! You need all those flosses for the project? Wow! But it sure is gorgeous. Just spectacular! Love it!
Oh my goodness! Amazing! This is going to be a masterpiece. I love the colors and the top row is amazing. Please continue with updates!!
oooooo looks gorgeous ... well done on all that lovely stitching your needle must be smoking now :) enjoy your next instalment :) love mouse xxxxx
Oh que c'est beau !!! Magnifique ! bisous bisous
That is gorgeous! What a huge undertaking! It will be positively amazing when it is finished!
Looking just beautiful my friend!
It's beautiful!!!! So what is the coin in your floss box?? I am curious about the strangest things, I know. ;)
It's looking beautiful
pretty colors
Have you seen Jenny's version of this one? She's using 40count too! I had a little deja-vu when I read your post not long after her's.
http://onestitchcloser.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/reporting-in-after-days-worth-of.html
It's a beautiful piece and I love the bluebell border.
Actually Jo, I had mine started long before Jenny did. Jenny copied off of me once she saw mine. She didn't even want to do this sampler until she saw my start on it!
Here's the link on Jenny's blog showing my start:
http://onestitchcloser.blogspot.com/2012/01/four-days-uninterrupted-stitching.html
Post a Comment