Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  Today is my most favorite holiday of all.  I like it even more than Christmas and certainly more than my birthday.  Why you may ask? It's because it is a day to tell people just how much you care.  I don't mean just sweethearts, I mean anyone in your life!

Design:  Love Angel from Christmas Angel Ornaments
Designer:  Birds of a Feather
Fabric: 32 ct. cream scrap
Floss:  GAST and DMC as charted
Started: 2/8/13
Finished: 2/11/13

In honor of this special day, I stitched this little cutie!  It's been calling my name for awhile now.  I finally broke down and just stitched it already.  I really like the gold threads in it.

As you can tell from the name, it's supposed to be a Christmas ornament but never mind that, I like it for this holiday better.  She reminds me of cupid!  I think I'll add it to my start on a Valentines bowl/basket.

***
 
 
Yesterday also brought a Valentine surprise thank you from my blog buddy, Peggy Lee.  Just look at all these sweet treats and hearts!  Did I mention I love hearts?
 
 
Just look at this pretty box!  Can you believe she painted this beauty herself?  Wow, such talent.  I could never make something painted look this pretty!
 

 
Here's another look at the box and the goodies.  Thank you so much, Peg!  You really didn't have to do this.  I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness!

***
 
I hope you all have a wonderfully happy Valentine's day!  Take a minute today and let those in your life know how much they mean to you too.  I have met some of the sweetest people since I started this blog thing.  I appreciate your visits with me. 


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

9 comments:

Vickie said...

That is a beautiful box from Peggy.
I like that angel a lot. =)

Margaret said...

I love the angel you stitched! Love the present from Peg too! Such a pretty box! Happy Valentine's Day!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love the BOAF angel... it is perfect for Valentines! The painted box is lovely... your friend is talented.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a nice present from Peggy. Love the angel, too. Wish those were still in print!

Peggy Lee said...

You are very welcome Nicola. It was every bit my pleasure.

Your angel is adorable!

~hugs

Annette-California said...

Oh look at the sparkles in your angles wings, halo and LOVE!!! yes I do love it. That's what I like about ornaments. They are not just for Christmas:) Peg did a beautiful painting on the heart box to you. Lovely gifts.
love Annette

Siobhán said...

What a sweet gift from Peggy!

I love your angel. You can't go wrong with a BOAF design!

Maggee said...

That is the cutest little angel!! Love it! You did a very nice job with it and I look forward to seeing how you finish it off! Congrats on the pressie! Hugs!

Carol said...

I love your little Love Angel, Lisa--I've always admired that BOAF chart!

And the heart goodies from Peggy are such a sweet surprise. I sure wish I was multi-talented like so many of these stitchers--I could never paint anything like that either :)