Sunday, February 10, 2013

TUSAL February

Click the picture to learn more!

Here we are again, it's TUSAL time!  There's been quite a bit of progress stitching going on this past month.  I've been moving several of my WIPs (works in progress) along and am getting closer to a finish on one of them!  I even had a new start this weekend.  Let's have a look at the ORT (old ratty threads) pile for this month.

February ORT pile



In honor of Valentine's day, I took the ORT picture in front of two of my favorite Susan Branch books.  I'm a huge fan of Susan's work.  I hear she's working on a new book too!  Oh I can't wait!  Anyway, back to the ORTs.  This month's contributors were:

“L” from “Autumn Alphabet” by Lizzie Kate (Done!)
February’s installment for the John Foster group project (Done!)
Seasonal Exchange - Winter Round (Done and mailed)
BBD Exchange (Done, to be mailed soon)
“Love Angel” from “Christmas Angel Ornaments” by BOAF (will be finished today)
“Quaker Scissor Case” by Barbara Bernard (In progress)
“Hornbook Bestiary Sampler” by The Scarlet Letter(In progress)


So there you have it, my ORT report for February.  I'm really excited about sharing  the exchanges once they are received and I'm inching ever closer to finishing the scissor case.  I plan to finish the angel this afternoon.


I hope your weekend has been good so far.  My thoughts are with those digging out from Blizzard Nemo!  Be well and be safe.  I can't even imagine that much snow or winds that strong.  My only reference is the Blizzard of '78 and I was just a kid when that happened.  Mother nature sure is amazing!  


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

6 comments:

Giovanna said...

Nice going on your goals, well done!

Margaret said...

Great ORT report! I can't imagine how one digs out from 40 inches of snow, can you?? I mean, the snow would be taller than a snow blower! Yikes! I'm glad we only got a foot of snow. lol!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Nice ORT report and I can't wait to see those exchange pieces.

AnaCristina said...

Beautiful photo!

http://anacristinap.blogspot.com.br/search/label/tusal

:-)

Nicola said...

You have some wonderful projects on the go. The news stories we have seen in the UK of the blizzards in the States have been something else.

Annette-California said...

Love Susan Branch. Congrats on your finishes. love Annette