Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hornbook Bestiary progress...

Hi there, remember me?  LOL!  I didn't mean to go missing on you.  I've been busily stitching and finishing two exchange pieces so I haven't been able to share anything lately.

The one for the Seasonal Exchange is now in the mail winging its way to its new home.  Hopefully it will be received soon.  I'm going to do the finishing on the second exchange this weekend.

I did manage to make a little progress on the Hornbook Bestiary for the Scarlet Letter SAL.  Let's take a look at where I was last time we visited.

Progress as of 1/24/13


Progress as of 2/6/13
 
The linen color in the first picture is more true to life.  It's difficult to get a true picture in this winter light when I have to use the lamp instead of natural lighting to get a photo.
 

Here's a better close up so you can see all the over one stitching in this baby!  I stitched last night until I was bleary eyed.  It looks good when it's done!

I'm hoping to get the last three circles filled in soon and then I'll start on the wings.  I'm itching to start one of the letters  too.  I may do the black outlines in one of them just to see how it looks.

Well folks, that's all I've got today.  I'm hopeful I'll receive my exchange piece soon so I'll have something more to share with you or maybe mine will be received then I can show you that one.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I'll try not to be a stranger here.  LOL!  Have a great day!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher
 

9 comments:

Giovanna said...

Great progress on the Hornbook - it can't be easy to stitch all that over-1 when the days are still so short.

Margaret said...

I love it! This piece is so cool! So much over one too. Ugh. lol!

Laurie in Iowa said...

It looks wonderful. Over one is painful to stitch, but so worth the effort.

renee said...

Well, I would say that you have done quite well!
I like the piece you have chosen. I am still ever hopeful that I can master this craft.
Have a good night.
Renee

Siobhán said...

Wow, nice progress on your stitching! Very pretty. And over one--egads! You go girl. Enjoy your weekend!

Annie said...

Oh, your stitching is lovely!
Lots of over one:)
Looking forward to see more later on.
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs from
Anette & Skruttan

Marilyn said...

You made great progress.
That's a lot of over 1 stitching to do.
Marilyn

Bertie said...

Oh love the Bestiary Hornbook, good luck with the over 1! your stitching looks fabulous!

Annette-California said...

Oh its really looking so pretty as the colors bring it to life:) I just started one over one project. I understand your eyes getting tired:)
love Annette