Design: KSSG Nametag
Designer: Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild
Fabric: 32 ct. Natural Light
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 5/11/13
Finished: 5/14/13
Completed: 6/6/13
I like the sawtooth border on it and how it frames the design so well. My first name isn't the same length as my last (under the post-it note) so I decided to add the two little hearts to balance it out. I'm not sure what the hands with the flame symbolize. I forgot to ask when I was at the meeting. I also added the year in the lower right corner so I would always remember when I joined the guild and made the nametag.
It's been a while since I'd put twisted cord on the edge of a finish. I like how it finishes off the edges so nicely. I also decided to do a pocket on the back too. I like having a place to put a note, money, business card, keys, etc.
I also decided to put a neck strap on it like you would see on the nametags they give you at conferences/seminars. There are times when you just don't want to pin something to your sweater or shirt and this solves that problem. Overall, I'm pleased with it. I should make something like this to wear to the local guild too.
***
Design: ???
Designer: ???
Fabric: 28 ct. mystery linen
Floss: WDW Linen
Started: 6/9/13
Finished: 6/13/13
Completed: At the retreat
Speaking of the retreat, I had several people ask about this retreat. It's a private gathering of far flung friends. When I say "far flung" we truly are. We have some that come from Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Texas, New Mexico and of course, Ohio. We get together once a year for a long weekend together. We eat, stitch, shop, stitch, eat, stitch and repeat for four glorious days! We have a ball and have even been known to be a bit rowdy at times. LOL! I can't wait!
Well folks, I hope you all had a great weekend and have a wonderful week! Thanks for visiting with me today.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
19 comments:
Great job on that nametag! Very impressive! That purse looks so delicate!
Super nice finish on the name tag. I love the pocket and strap is a great idea.
Pretty purse pieces
Have fun with the far flung stitchers
Very cool nametag. I was sort of thinking the message was 'heart in hand' or something. The flame looked more like a human heart to me, but maybe that would be too totally weird. ;-)
may be is symbolise's smoking needles ...lol any hoooo it is lovely and a very useful object for the retreats to your guild too ... and your stitching retreat sound fab too ... any room for a mouse ???? love mouse xxxxx
I too have the short first name, and long surname. You did a lovely job of finishing it up.
Hugs
Such beautiful finishing on your name tag! I love how you made it a necklace too. Love your pieces for the retreat too. That sounds like a fun time!
Beautiful name tag Lisa. I love the pocket in the back, great idea and handy too:) Your mystery sampler is very pretty, looking forward to seeing what you finish. All your stitching is wonderful. love Annette
What a clever name tag! Gotta love the pocket on the back, very convenient.
Your retreat sounds like my idea of heaven. Please, please, please take lots and lots of pictures!
Beautiful name tag. The retreat sounds wonderful.
Great finishes, and love the nametag.
Marilyn
Wonderful name tag- I like the way you finished it!
Your finished name tag looks so perfect, Lisa! That cording gives it a wonderful finish, doesn't it? I've come to love using cording on many of my little ornaments lately...
Your retreat sounds like one we do each fall--just five friends who head off to a B&B for stitching, eating, and lots of laughter. Hope you have a memorable time at yours :)
That's a lovely name tag, well done - I'm all for hanging it from your neck, rather than pinning it on :-)
Awesome finish of an awesome name tag!
Hands and flame... fire of friendship?
Love your nametag finish (from the design to the cording and pocket), Lisa! Enjoy your upcoming retreat!
Robin in Virginia
What a creative way to finish off your name tag! Have fun at the retreat and I hope you'll share some pictures. :)
Great finishes - very creative.
very clever and thoughtful finishing on your nametag. Love the little hidden pocket in the back. hope you have a marvelous time at your retreat. enjoy! Melody
Wonderful finishes.
Grit from Germany
Post a Comment