I realized I hadn't posted an update for the Hornbook Bestiary lately. You'll notice there has again been much progress made in a short span of time. I really do get on a roll with this one.
Hornbook progress as of 5/6/13
Hornbook progress as of 5/18/13
As some of you so correctly guessed, I couldn't resist changing the dog on this one. I just had to stitch it in black and white like my Shelby girl. I deviated a bit from the charted placement of the spots and she turned out great!
Since I was on another roll with it, I went ahead and stitched in the second row's boxes and filled in the borders too. I really should devote one day a week to this one. I bet I'd get a lot done!
New Lokscroll Frame
Several ladies in my local guild have the Lokscroll frames and really sing their praises. As much as I would have loved to have splurged on the Millennium frame, it's just not in the budget right now. I'm not even sure how I'll get on with this one yet. I've never worked with a scroll frame. I'll let you know how I like it after I've logged some hours with it. It just arrived last Friday.
Well folks, that's all I've got for now. Thanks for popping in for a peek. I always appreciate your visits and comments. I hope the rest of your week is splendid!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
14 comments:
Beautiful Lisa! I really like the colors
Your hornbook sampler is looking good, Lisa! I just love Shelby's block!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your new frame.
Robin in Virginia
Oh my gosh, it's wonderful! I just love this design so much!
Lovely progress Lisa! I used to use the Lokscroll frames, and they were great. I eventually moved up to the No-Baste frames by American Dream Products and love them. Good luck with yours!
Everytime I see your progress on this sampler - the colors seem to get richer. What a beauty! And I love your Shelby - perfect:) I have a scroll frame but haven't used it in a while and I am thinking I should for one of my projects.
love Annette
Oh, but I am loving you project! The colors are so rich and vivid. It sound like your new frame is just what you needed.
The hornbook project is beautiful--and changing the colors to look like Shelby is so sweet. I have a skroll frame with a project on it that I began when my daughter was 3...she is now 22...lol!! The nametag from your previous post is realy cute and very nicely finished! Will look forward to retreat news! Enjoy
Judy Heartland stitcher
Beautiful progress! I would love to stitch this someday. :)
Very nice progress - it's beautiful!
Congratulations for your progress, it encourages me
Beautiful progress.
Grit
It's looking gorgeous, great progress
That is looking incredible, Lisa--love the colors and all the detail :)
oh j'adore les couleurs ! votre métier à broder est superbe ! quelle chance bises de FRANCE, Marylin
Post a Comment